Interruptions Galore!

Start from the beginning

"Oh! Thank God! But wait a minute. You're such an idiot! Why would you pick up my call if you're... busy with Anupama?" Kavya asked. "Arey, aisa kuch nahi hai. I was just teaching her how to use twitter." Anuj tried explaining. "Wah! Mujhe toh kisi ne twitter aise nahi sikhaya" Kavya said, laughing. "Haan haan... Tujhe toh tere V ne Spreadsheet sikhaya hoga na... aise" Anuj retorted back. Kavya's eyes widened, "That was below the belt, haan... humesha mere ex ko beech me kyun laata hai? Take it back!" Anu looked at her husband gearing up to reply. This would take a while. She stood up. "Acha tum log baat khatam karo. Mein jaake emails check karke aati hoon. Kal raat se check nahi kiya. Bye Kavya" She waved and made her exit slightly disappointed that her "test" was cut short.

***********************

Hearing a loud thud Kavya paused placing the cardigan she had been folding into the open suitcase. She glanced at her watch which read half past five and sighed. Opening the door to her room she glanced into the hallway, her eyes squinting to adjust to the darkness. "Oh! You're awake?" Nidhi exclaimed as she saw Kavya's head peeking. Nidhi was on her knees picking up the heavy bag of books she had just dropped. "Just packing..." Kavya replied. "Same!" Nidhi said pointing to the bag she was holding. "Kay has so many books! I'm going to have to pack light to include all this". Kavya gave a small smile still guilty that Nidhi was coming along. "Look... it's not too late to change your mind! You don't have to accompany me to India... You stay. Kay'll miss school too if you both come. I don't feel right about this..." Kavya said entering the hallway and switching on the lights. Nidhi squinted in the sudden brightness, "Quiet! Your divorce proceedings is 3 days away. If your bestie doesn't support you now, when will she?! Kay will be fine! It's been a while since he visited his nanu and nani anyway" "Oh haan btw I spoke to Anuj a few hours ago and he says we're staying with him. He's very adamant about it." Kavya said. "What?? Noooo... it would be weird K! I mean... I haven't seen him in about 10 yrs and with Kay... It's just a lot! Plus how do you think Anupama would react to her husband's ex staying with her? No no no, we should just get a hotel room like we planned", Nidhi said shaking her head.

Thinking back to the time Anupama had taken her in when she was still V's wife, Kavya couldn't help but smile, "Oh Please! Anupama is the last person who would feel uncomfortable with you at her place. Relax! Waise bhi if we decided to stay at the hotel after Anuj telling us to come home, we'll find ourselves being dragged to his home by the two of them... maybe even Mukku" she added as an afterthought. Nidhi sighed defeated and nodded a yes before walking back to her room.

***********************

"Kapadi ji! Chhodiye! Mujhe bohot kaam hai!" Anu exclaimed struggling weakly against her husband who had pinned her to their cupboard. "Aise kaise? Tumhari test abhi bakhi hai!" Anuj teased her, his face close to hers. "Anuj! Mukku abhi wapas aati hi hogi aur kaka..." "GK mandir gaye hai. Ghar pe koi nahi hai" he completed as he ran one hand through her freshly washed hair and placed the other on the exposed part of her waist. Anu squirmed but stopped as she felt his hand travel north of her waist, under her pallu. It was as if electricity was suddenly surging through her, she could already feel herself get hot and damp between her legs. "Ab batao, ek tweet ko share karne ko kya bolte hai?" Anuj asked, his nose and forehead touching hers, their lips barely a few inches apart, one hand gripping the back of her head firmly and the other poised on her soft midriff just below: where her blouse ended. Anu tried to move her head but couldn't. Her heart was racing and she could barely think. "Re-retweet" she replied with difficulty. "Very good" Anuj said, dropping his voice a little, sounding slightly hoarse. He pulled at the last two buttons of her blouse, thankful that she was wearing a front open one today and moved his hand further north feeling the coarse lace of her bra. He felt her chest heaving as she struggled to breath in excitement. He would have lifted her and taken her to bed ending her torture but it was his turn to be playful so he continued.