How Long?

Hey! I'm Nitya, thank you so much for coming here and spending your time with Vihika. Believe me it means a lot to her and to me as well.
I hope you'll have a great experience in her world and in her story.
If there are any suggestions you would want me to know then please put that in the comment section, I would be thrilled❤️🥀.

—————-

"You are fucking crazy" his voice echoed in her head as his face flashed in front of her eyes. She again found herself drowning in the pool of unexpressed grief and overshared love. She silently wiped her tears from her flushed cheeks.

"It's over," her inner voice said in a soothed tone.
"You're safe honey" the voice of her inner self didn't work like the balm it usually does.

"For how long?" She asked. No voice came this time cause her inner voice knew as well as herself that things once broken are beyond repair. She was now accustomed to the life she was dealing with.

She had come again to the same park where everything had started and eventually ended. It was her pain and her relief which forced her to come here again and again.

"If it wasn't love then what was it?" She heard herself asking to nothingness.

Vihika was what you call it born with a silver spoon. An only child of an IAS officer, she was the lifeline of her parents who had given their daughter nothing but love. Vihika came to Jaipur at the age of 19 for her graduation and never left the city after it. Working as a freelance content and copywriter, she was earning enough to handle her paychecks by herself.

She completed her graduation and realised her heart does not resonate with accounts anymore and the space is taken by words, words of people aligned together to create worlds, worlds she now fancied to be a part of.

She rented a 1BHK flat for herself and focused on her journey, she published her work on her website and that's where she met Ajeet. A tall guy with a sharp jawline and a handsome face.

Vihika found him attractive when he complimented her for her imagination. She'd felt like a creature beyond this world, he was the first ever person to appreciate her for her talent and she felt inclined to him. A freshly graduated, living alone, boarding a new journey, appreciation and encouragement was all she needed and here he was, up for everything.

He'd contacted her, and after a few conversations via email, she had given him her contact number. He was everything she's ever wanted but after 4 months the magic had wiped off and Vihika found herself in a dark abyss with nowhere to leave.

"Ouch", Vihika said, a ball had hit her near the elbow.
"Sorry, Di" a boy of age 12-13 came with a bat and Vihika handed the ball to him.
"Thank you", he smiled and left, and so did she.

She took an autorickshaw, it had started raining and her house was an hour away. The road was blocked by vehicles and water. They were waiting for the signal to go green when Vihika felt her eyes go watery again looking at the couple walking hand in hand.

A few months ago, her hand was held by Ajeet and they were walking near a lake when he pulled her in his arms and had said.

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. I can't stop looking at you", he had exclaimed, removing the distance between their faces, bringing his soft lips on hers as the sunset was witnessing yet another beautiful moment and wondering how long they would be together.

The kiss, the touch had meant everything to her, she was up in the sky, embracing every cloud coming in her way, jumping from one to another.

"Get going you fool", A man shouted from behind, she came back again on the jammed road, the signal had turned green.

"What's wrong?" She asked the driver as he was struggling to start the auto.
"The rickshaw is old madam, it isn't starting", She paid him and decided to walk home.

Life has thrown her into a void, the comfort she used to find had taken a different route of which Vihika had no idea.

"Good evening didi," the watchman of her building said. She looked at him and tried smiling but the muscles of her face won't twitch.

"Evening", she said and headed to her house which used to feel like home a few months ago. Reaching her floor she saw lights were already on in her flat and the door was unlocked. Upon entering, Vihika was met with a wholesome welcome.

"You buffoon, where the hell you were the entire day?" Kritika shouted.
"Just strolling".
"Around the fucking city?", Vihika decided to ignore this. She knew this will go on for a minimum of half an hour.

Vihika loved Kritika like she was her own sister. Kritika has been the only source of happiness in her sorrowful journey.

After ranting for an hour, Kritika ceased herself on one sentence.

"For how long you'll be like this Vihi?" Vihika took a deep breath which itself has been a task lately and said,

"I wish I knew, but I don't!"

And the first ch. comes to an end, the next chapters will be long.
Don't forget to tap the star icon and comment your views❤️❤️
I love you all❤️🥀 stay healthy and happy.