Dance With Me

Your POV

I sat in my cabin, wide awake. It was pitch black and my half sibling(s) were all asleep. Every once in a while I could hear them snoring or sleep talking.

I'm not gonna lie a wave of sadness was washing over me. I missed the real world a bit. I miss going to a restaraunt for dinner, going to parties with my mortal friends, and all the normal people stuff.

The harpies were already gone for the night so I figured it wouldn't hurt to go out for a couple minutes.

As I walked out the door, the cold evening air made me shiver a bit. Crickets were chirping loudly and I thought I'd just walk out to Zeus's fist for a couple minutes.

As I was walking there I saw Clarisse, my girlfriend's cabin. I'm not sure what came over me but I immediately started walking towards it.

I slowly opened the door a crack and I saw one of the Ares kids sit up from their bed. Crap did I wake one up?

When their head turned towards me I saw it was Clarisse. She had a confused look on her face.

I quickly shut the door to the cabin behing me and quickly tip toed to her bed.

"What are you doing here this late?" She whispered, scratching her head.

Her hair was down which wasn't typical. She must've taken it down to go to bed. It was pretty.

"I can't sleep so I decided to come for a walk and I decided to come here." I whispered back to her.

I grabbed her hand to hold it and I could see her blush slightly in the faint light coming from one of the windows.

"Me neither. Wanna sleep with me?" She asked, patting the spot next to her.

I shook my head. "Your siblings will catch us in the morning." I said. I didn't even wanna think of the embarrassment of being caught cuddling with my girlfriend by an Areas kid. "Wanna come hang at Zeus's fist with me?" I asked.

"Yeah, okay." She whispered, grabbing a hair tie from a table behind her bed.

I pulled her up from her hand which I was still holding and continued to hold as we walked out the door.

The cold air surrounded me again and I began to hear the crickets chirping again.

Clarisse let go of my hand to put her hair up. But once she was done I made a grabby hand so that she'd hold it again. She rolled her eyes but she reached out to take it.

Fingers intertwined, we ran over to Zeus's fist in a comfortable silence.

I sat down on the grass in front of the fist and pulled Clarisse down with me. We looked at the wilderness in front of us and the stars.

"So... you gonna tell me why you can't sleep?" She asked, now speaking at a regular volume.

"Only if you tell me why you can't sleep." I turned to look at her with a smirk. I know Clarisse doesn't really like to open up about her problems. She's like the therapist friend. Always letting people dump on her but never dumping on others.

She sighed. "Fine. I feel like..." I looked at her expectantly as she looked away out of embarrassment, "I just feel like I'm not doing enough, like my dad isn't happy with me. Nothing I do is ever enough and now I feel like I'm at my limit. Like what I've been doing lately is the best I can do and I've hit this roadblock. Even though I'm doing my best my dad still doesn't give me the time of day. He just runs off with his girlfriend and pays no attention to me." She finished, looking up at the stars.

I felt so bad for her. The truth is, Ares is a real jerk he does need to pay more attention to Clarisse because she deserves it. She works so hard.

I grabbed her hand again, "Clarisse, you can always do better, I'm sure he's proud of you he just shows it in... his own way. Anyway you shouldn't care what he thinks. There are loads of people who are proud of you. I'm proud of you." I say, cupping her face with my hand that wasn't holding hers. "You deserve so much and I'm sorry he isn't paying enough attention to you. But I promise, I am oh so proud of you." I finish with a sympathetic smile.

She smiled back at me and I could've sworn I saw a single tear. She wiped her face, "Thanks that means a lot. Now tell me what's bothering you." She said looking into my eyes.

I chuckled. "It's pretty pathetic compared to you." I said looking back into the sky.

"No, no, tell me." She says, shaking her head.

I sigh. "I'm just homesick. Well I don't miss my home I miss the little things. Like listening to music, going to the mall, eating a bunch of junk food when I'm sad and things like that. We never do the normal stuff. It's just train and train and train. I just wanna do something normal." I finished with a sigh.

It was silent for a moment I looked over and Clarisse had her mortal phone out. "What are you doing? Aren't you afraid of the demigod signal?" I asked frantically.

"Relax." She said chuckling. "We're inside the camp borders we'll be fine." She said.

Just then a song started coming out of her phone. A slow song. And she got up and held her hand out in front of me. "What are you doing?" I asked suspiciously.

"Playing music like you wanted. Come dance with me." She said, making a grabby hand like I did earlier.

I chuckled, shaking my head and took her hand. when I stood up she put one arm around my waist and kept the other hand in hers. I smiled and put my other hand on her shoulder. We started swaying to the music.

I giggled slightly at how forward she was being. She smiled a little wider. She playfully dipped me as I yelped out of surprise.

As the song was ending I leaned in a gave her e gentle kiss on the lips and when I pulled away she was bright red. It's funny how flustered she gets when I kiss her.

Once the song ended I pulled her into a tight hug and suddenly the air was a lot warmer. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Of course, love." She whispered back to me.

Let's just say I felt a little less homesick that night.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like this one is super cute and super cringy at the same time lol

word count- 1142