The winged man scoffed, "Really? Trash?"

Kayla shrugged, smiling. "If the uh... Wing fit"

~8~

Kayla called Hope as she and Landon dragged the man inside the school.

Didn't take long for Hope to cut off his wings.

After hugging her best friend tightly for saving her boyfriend, of course.

"Don't want you whining for eternity if he dies" was what Kayla replied, pushing her away in annoyance.

Hope anyway smiled brightly at Kayla.

That had been an hour or so ago.

Now Hope looked serious and smug, cleaning the large scissors she used to cut the man's wings.

Landon was standing a little behind Hope, looking at her nervously as Kayla sat in the gym benches, watching Hope clean up the shears she used, chin propped in her fist, bored out of her mind.

The ex winged man rolled over his shoulders, grunting as he tried to get used to not having the weight of his wings anymore.

"You monsters" The man glared at them upset, turning to face them "You have no idea how long it took me to grow those"

"Well, next time it'll be something that won't grow back" Hope threatened still cleaning the sharp object from the man's blood making Landon look at her slightly wide eyed and Kayla perk slightly with a growing grin, dropping her hand, "Unless you tell us why you're here. Do you serve Malivore? Or someone else?"

"I serve the highest power of all..." The man began, straightening up as it proud, "Love"

Kayla couldn't help it, she scoffed. Loudly.

The man glared at her.

Kayla kept chuckling under her breath.

"Where were you trying to take my boyfriend?" Hope asked seriously, trying to ignore her best friend.

The man looked at Hope incredulously, looking between them and Kayla, looking amused "That guy's your boyfriend?" he snickered, getting the couple to stare at him in disbelief. "Sorry, I thought he was hers" he pointed at Kayla who at the assumption looked so offended her leg glowed red before she pointed at him, causing a mental pain infliction spell on the wounds of his back where he had his wings, causing them to bleed a little bit. The man groaned in pain, trying to reach out to his back, "Ugh, sorry!" Kayla lowered her hand, no longer siphoning nor hurting him. Neither Hope and Landon made a movement to scold such violence from the girl. The man sighed out the pain, relieved, "I wasn't trying to take him anywhere. He started it"

"Hey... No! He -" Landon widened how eyes, sputtering in disbelief, looking to the girls, defending himself, pointing at the man, "He was flying around, shooting people-"

"Yeah, with love arrows!" the man exclaimed, "They're harmless! Check the quiver... every arrow in there only helps people express the love they already feel inside" Landon began searching through the quiver, "Most people say thank you"

"Being stabbed with an arrow that makes you act like an idiot?" Kayla asked skeptically, tuning out the lovers spat, looking at the cupid wannabe. "I wouldn't say thank you. I would say, 'ouch, asshole'"

"There's an arrow for you as well" the cupid told her, trying hard not to comment on the couple's little discussion. "Despite of your lovely personality, someone out there is right for you"

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that" Kayla looked at her nails, momentarily. "Because if I did, then I would definitely feel entitled to throw up for what you just said"