Chapter 5 - A Mother's Wish

Lysander Blakesty

The cold and ruthless villain in the novel Ways of the Mystic.

Upon hearing that name being directed at me, I knew what world I had transmigrated to. And I knew the identities of the people in front of me.

Still holding the teddy bear arm on my right hand and holding the finger of the women on my left, I began to look directly at her.

A warm and delicate smile showering upon me. I knew the identity of this person.

Isabella Blakesty. The mother of Lysander and the only wife of the duke. A kind and lovely women cast aside from her household due to her weak constitution. A frail body that was not fit for combat in this novel.

Yes... In this novel, Gender is never a concept of debate. Both male and female could hold titles, work any sort of jobs, and even work in the army. They both had equal rights in power and politics.

Ever since she was young, she always trained to be the perfect heir for her father, Count Avington Orestilla. Her household was a renowned knight family, where the sword meant everything, even one's fate in the family. Forced to learn everything from education such as mathematics and history, to politics and combat. But her weak body couldn't hold on to these strict regiments. The count was in anguish. Disappointed that his only child could not meet his expectations.

Shortly after her younger brother was born. A child that could master any concepts with ease and had more potential in swordsmanship than her.

Her father was finally pleased, finding an heir that could succeed the household. At this point, all expectations were eliminated from her. But despite the odds, she wanted to be a worthy heir. The first child of the household has the right to succeed the title. Knowing this, she went on with her perseverance.

She constantly trained her body, and soon she found that she had more talent for magic. But despite being adept with magic, the count continued to favor the young boy, who was more skilled with the sword, to be his successor.

But she didn't give up. She wished to become someone worthy to become the successor. With her diligence and perseverance, she became a student of the Imperial Head Mage Marcus, the strongest mage in the Empire.

Being a student by the top mage, she began to learn values.

'Not everything in life is to become a successor of the House.'

Little by little, her mind went from trying to become someone worthy of a title, to being someone who can use her talent to help the world.

From someone who wished for her father's eyes, to seeing her teacher as a true father figure she never had.

Alongside her she found a friend, Elena, the royal princess at the time. Under the same teacher, they became inseparable.

Like a sister she never had.