Chapter 1

I am typing in the dark so my apologies if I can't spell. I'm going to start rewriting this fic, I'll delete the other chapters once I've caught up! Might change a lot because I can write better now and want to do this fanfic actual justice. Enjoy! I ain't even like bnha anymore but Hari and Kai are still fine as all hell.

----

Hari wasn't sure why he was here. Well no, that wasn't entirely true. He knew why he was here, he just didn't see the point. Why help someone who wants to die? It's a waste of time and effort, you might as well just let them go. Nobody would care if Hari were to die and if they did care then they were lying. To be quite honest, that was one of the only things that stopped him from doing it for such a long time. All those people who taunted him his entire life, those who pushed him to this point would suddenly act like they cared, like they missed him, like they never saw it coming. And that thought made Kurono sick. He wasn't listening to the sugar-voiced woman walking him down the hall, he knew what sort of stuff she would say anyway and didn't much care for it. 'You know why you're here', 'We care about you', We're going to help you'. Things Hari had heard a million times before.

"And here is where you'll be spending most of your time. Feel free to ask for books, notepads or plain paper, whatever you want to pass the time and feel more comfortable. Your therapist will come see you later today, not for an actual session, it's just good to know who you're going to speak to ahead of time. It usually makes people more comfortable." Hari only nodded along with whatever she was saying, half listening and half focusing on his room. "You talk a lot." Why did he even say that? Hari sighed and turned away from the woman who only laughed in response. "It means you have no questions." She was right about that.

After a few more minutes of her talking at Hari, she bid him farewell and left the room, finally allowing him a moment to fully gather himself. His name was Hari Kurono, he was 25 years old and was currently in a mental hospital after a violent suicide attempt. It was a humorously miserable situation. He brushed a hand through his hair and laid down on his bed, eyes locked on a tiny crack in the ceiling. Such a tiny imperfection, hardly noticeable alongside the rest of the perfectly painted ceiling. But now that he had noticed it, it seemed so glaringly obvious to him. Strange how the brain worked like that. Whenever he was a kid he would avoid walking on the gaps in between each pavement slab, perfectly placing his foot in the middle of them. It always distressed him whenever he stepped on a crack or gap but he didn't care when he wasn't thinking about it. That's just how his brain worked.

A loud knocking at his door pulled him from his tangled thoughts as he sat up, mildly irritated at the disturbance. But he realized he had been sitting around for nearly 30 minutes, so it seemed a sensible time for the therapist to come see him, assuming that was who was at the door. Not a single word was said as the door opened and a young man walked in, smiling and closing the door behind him. An awkward silence hung in the air like a choking smoke as the man stared at Hari with a somewhat.. judgmental and almost disgusted look on his face. It was as if he was analyzing him and didn't like what he was seeing. It was hard to judge his facial features any further though as the man quickly pulled a mask over his face and cleared his throat.

"My name is Kai Chisaki, I don't care what you call me, I will be working with you for however long it takes to.. fix you. Or however long it takes for you to get sick of this place and fake mental well-being to get out and then immediately kill yourself, it's your call. Impossible to help someone unwilling to accept help." Hari was too shocked to speak for a few moments. This man was nothing like all the other therapists he had met in the past. He didn't immediately talk of how much he cared about Hari and how he wanted to help him more than anything. It seemed more like he didn't care at all about him. "Ok.." He looked around his room awkwardly before sitting up straight on his bed and staring down at the floor. He felt almost threatened by Kai's presence and yet he wasn't scared at all.

He heard Kai's footsteps and looked up to come face to face with the man as he lent towards him. "Hari Kurono, a man with the face of a porcelain doll and yet you're so twisted on the inside. No. Not twisted, rather... damaged. Worn down, broken, exhausted." He went quiet for a seconds as the white haired male stared up at him in stunned silence. He pulled back suddenly as if he got an electric shock and turned away. "I look forward to working with you, I hope you're not going to make this difficult, Kurono." Hari swallowed thickly and nodded, watching as Kai walked out of the room, an aura of confidence exuding from him as he left. 

Why was he smiling? Hari placed a hand over his mouth and laid back down on his bed, able to relax again now that Chisaki had left. The whole interaction was odd, Hari felt nervous but intrigued. He wanted to know more about this therapist but it was likely going to be the other way around. He had never heard of a patient asking the questions. Maybe Kai would let more of his personal life slip the more they talked, so long as Hari cooperated it would all be fine. Who would've thought that therapy would actually bring purpose to his life, the desire to learn more about this utter mystery of a man.

----

Ok yeah I changed a lot. Decided to make Overhaul more of a prick to keep it in character (spoiler alert- haven' watched mha in years so I can't remember how he actually acts in canon, I have personalized it) and made Hari less submissed. Don't know why I did that in the original, makes me cringe lol.