Chapter 14 ~ friends?

♡~°I'M BACK! WOOOOOOOOO-°~♡

Kai walked into his work building, signing in at reception and walking towards his office. He always avoided any form of social interaction in the morning, well not just the morning. He basically always avoided any form of social interaction at all times. But unfortunately for him, a... friend of his wasn't so introverted. He wasn't sure if he classed Joi as a friend, or simply as a person he met a while ago that now wouldn't leave him alone. Kai heard him shout his name down the hall, but decided to play dumb and just kept walking. Joi clearly didn't get the hint and quickly ran down the hall, pushing past people and earning multiple annoyed glares from said people. Kai knew he wasn't getting away from him and sighed, glancing behind him at the tall, quite well built man smiling down at him.

"Hello, Joi, you seem just as obnoxious as always." Kai turned back around and continued walking towards his office, now accompanied by Joi.
He laughed and placed a hand on Kai's shoulder, causing him to stiffen on impulse. "Well I just haven't spoken to ya in a while. You seem to be hiding away most the time."
Kai glared at Joi's hand until he sighed and removed it from his shoulder. "Mm yes, it's almost like I'm purposely avoiding you." Kai spoke in a quiet, cold voice, which made the other man laugh.
"Aww Kai~ you're just as warm as always! Big bundle of love you are."

Kai scowled and rolled his eyes. "Humorous as always."
Joi nodded and muttered "naturally" under his breath before checking his watch. "Ah fuck. Lucky for you, I gotta run. I do wanna talk to ya though, so I'm coming to your office at lunch."
Kai looked over at him and frowned. "That wasn't even an offer, was it?"
Joi smiled at him and shook his head. "Nope! Well, I'll see ya then! Bye."
He waved and walked back down the hall, much to Kai's relief. That's one annoying thing dealt with.

After a few more minutes of walking and fake smiling at people he knew, he made it to his office. Of course it was neat and tidy, papers all organized, pencils all sharpened and books all in order. It was perfect. Kai smiled to himself and sat down, placing a few papers on the pile and pulling out some others. He began reading through the files, jotting down notes and tapping his fingers on the hard wooden desk. Ugh, he hated this. His mind wouldn't stop reminding him of Hari. Kai groaned and rubbed his eyes, leaning back in his chair and placing his pen down on the half written file. Maybe he should go talk to him, see how he is...

No. He couldn't speak to him unless it was an appointment. If he started warming up to a patient it would catch the attention of his co-workers. That was something he wanted to avoid. Well no, it was something he had to avoid. He was not about to risk his job over Hari. Kai removed his hands from his eyes and stared up at the ceiling, spotting a spider directly above him. Gross. He grabbed a book from next to him and threw it at the 16 legged abomination above him. Unfortunately, that didn't kill it, it only knocked it off the ceiling and onto Kai. Kai yelped and jumped up, looking down at himself to try and spot the spider. As soon as he noticed it on his leg, he slammed his hand down onto it, crushing the poor thing. Kai stared at his hand and pulled a disgusted face. Now it was dirty.

He heard the door open and looked over to see his assistant Nemoto standing there, staring at him strangely. "You alright?"
Kai stared at him for a few seconds before looking down at his hand and nodding. "Spider."
Nemoto slowly nodded and started closing the door before he opened it again and looked back at Kai. "While I'm here, there anything you need?"
Kai looked up at him and thought for a moment before shaking his head. "No no, I think I'm good right now. Thank you."
Nemoto just nodded again and closed the door. Kai listened to his footsteps walk away before sitting back down in his seat. Well that was awkward. At least it took his mind off Hari for a few moments. Kai looked over at the timetable stuck to the wall and pouted. He wasn't going to talk to Hari today. Tomorrow, 3pm was his next appointment. How annoying.

'Suppose I should just get on with these files...'

♡~°Yay, I'm not dead 👀 I was just very bored and uninspired recently, but now I've gotten bored of being bored and uninspired, so I've gotten back into writing. Woop.°~♡

♡~°QUICK EDIT: Uh- tysm for 10k views and 400 votes!!! I really appreciate all of it, it inspires me to write more. If nobody saw this, I would've ditched it a while ago. So TY!!!!!!❤❤❤❤❤°~♡