ch. 1

‼️d/n stands for dead name‼️

2ND PERSON POV:

you knock softly on the door, the heavy rain making your clothes sag slightly and water drip from your hair.

the door opens shortly after, and mrs. nocesa greets you with a smile.

"hey y/n! come on in, i'll grab you some dry clothes."

"ah, thank you ma'am."

she nods and moves to the side to let you in, and you stand awkwardly next to the couch as she retrieves some of her daughter's clothing.

after receiving the clothes, you thank her again before walking over to the bathroom to change.

just as you're finishing up, however, you hear the door open once more and mrs. noceda letting out a cry.

you immediately become worried, and rush back into the living room, damp clothes long forgotten.

luz's mom had sort of become a replacement for you. she held all of the kind and giving qualities your mother didn't, and you were happy to be a temporary child replacement for her due to luz's absence in the "witch world" as she had called it.

you remember when you found out the luz you thought was your own was some type of shape-shifter named vee.

that was... interesting.

but, nevermind that.

you had to make sure that mrs. noceda was alive and well.

"mrs.noceda? is everything oka-"

your eyes widen at the five people standing in front of the door, four unfamiliar to you and one you haven't seen in a long time.

"...luz?"

"hey y/n.."

you immediately rush past luz's mom and give her daughter a bone-crushing hug.

"i thought i'd never see you again! are you okay? why are you bleeding?? ooo i love that jacket- WAIT NOW'S NOT THE TIME FOR THAT-"

"hey- it's okay, i'm fine. a little beat up, but i've been through worse"

fresh tears fall from your eyes and you suddenly become aware of the fact that four strangers were standing looking at your short interaction.

you immediately back away from luz and wipe at your eyes, clearing your throat and looking down at your feet.

the floor suddenly became very interesting.

"oh- right.. y/n, these are my friends! gus, hunter, and willow! and, mi vida, amity of course hehe-"

"um.. hello."

you bring your head up slightly to look at the now not-strangers-but-still-kinda-strange people next to luz.

you assumed the purple-haired girl holding luz's hand was amity, and the other girl willow. you weren't sure which was hunter and which was gus, however.

"it's nice to meet you. i'm glad luz found more people who will love her for who she is!"

you say with a soft smile, heat gradually rising to your cheeks. why did they all have to be so attractive?? was the witch world just full of hot people or something??

mrs.noceda clears her throat from behind you and you realize you've been making them stand outside in the rain for the past five minutes.

"oh- sorry- uh come in, please"

you hurriedly walk back into the house and head straight into the bathroom. mostly so you can grab your clothes, but also so you can reprimand yourself for being an-