ch. 4

morning came too fast for your liking, and you stretched out your curled up position on the couch.

you looked to your right and saw hunter, still asleep and on the middle section of the couch, his head very close to yours.

this made you flush, yet you didn't move.

it was very kind of him to help you last night, and you had to make it up to him somehow.

you thought about different things in your room he may like, or other items you could buy at the store near your house.

you settled on something that looked like his pet, flapjack. you might even get something like it for yourself, as you found the bird extremely adorable and mischievous.

you sat up and stretched your arms out, grabbing your phone to check the time.

6:03 AM

you always were an early riser, even when you had had your panic attack less than 5 hours ago.

you decided to play some games on your phone to pass the time, but suddenly paused when you heard mumbles of your name coming from hunter.

he slightly shifted in his sleep, the top of his head now pressed firmly against your thigh. he sighed at the warmth, and stilled again, with a soft smile on his face.

you entire body feels like the surface of the sun.

that- that was so cute GOD DAMMIT-

you shakily sighed, and prepared yourself for what you were about to do.

you gently lifted his head up as to not wake him, and then scooted over, placing his head on top of your thighs.

once you let him go, you held your breath and waited with your arms high in the air for a moment.

after no sound came from him, you let out a deep breath and settled one of your hands in his hair, using the other one to hold your phone.

that was probably the boldest thing you've ever done, and hunter is making it much worse by snuggling his head further into your thighs and-

OHMYGOD HE WRAPPED HIS ARMS AROUND MY WAIST HOLYSHITHOLYSHIT-

hunter was now comfortably pressed into your side with his arms wtapped snuggly around your waist and was snoring away, as you sat there warm to the bone with embarrassment.

you tried to focus your full attention on your phone, but you knew you could never ignore the warmth circling your waist.

~ ✰ ★ ✰ ~

hunter felt himself being pressed up against his pillow, the heat calming him and almost pulling him back into his deep slumber.

he snuggled a tad closer, feeling the pillow tense.

wait what-

hunter's eyes shot open upon feeling you tense under his tight hold.

his eyes locked onto the side of your waist, slightly shown by how your shirt had lifted, and trailed them the entire way down his arms (that he could see) and right up to your flushed face.

"oh my titan-"

his grip immediately ceases as he practically flings himself backward and onto the floor.

"OH- HUNTER ARE YOU OKAY??"

you frantically got up from your spot on the couch and kneeled beside him as he cradled his head with a groan, having banged it on the side of the table on his way down.