You Are Not Alone

Start from the beginning

"Yes General" (Y/N) chocked out, forcing himself to his feet. "What of Kal-El?" as asked.

"The local population have agreed to hand Kal-El over to us, we shall take one their own also. We must know everything we can about these so called 'humans'" Dru said, moving across the room to the double metal doors.

'This planet is populated?' (Y/N) thought to himself as he also turned to the door following his General and Father. "But General, doctrine dictates we are not allowed to endanger beings with a level 4 intelligence or higher" he brought up, the doors opened in front of Dru, but turned around on the spot.

"Those are rules that the Council put forward, with them, and everyone on Krypton dead. I hold the highest authority" Dru then came in close in (Y/N), looking his son dead in the eyes making fists. "Are you questioning me Major?" he asked harshly.

"N-no General" he muttered in response.

Dru smriked, putting the disloyal solider in place and turned to exit the holding room. "Good, you and Sub-Commander Faora shall descend to the planet and bring Kal-El to us. Do you understand?".

"Yes General" (Y/N) answered looking down.

Later after explanation of all the technology that they gathered over the decades, (Y/N) was dressed head to toe in Kryptonian battle armour. A grey panelled, metallic suit created solely for combat, warfare and to protect Kryptonians from harsh environments when expanding the reach of Krypton.

 A grey panelled, metallic suit created solely for combat, warfare and to protect Kryptonians from harsh environments when expanding the reach of Krypton

The suit while made for war, would also protect the wearer from harsh atmospheres. Readings indicated that this Earth, while suitable for Kryptonians, could prove difficult to adapt to. (Y/N) boarded the ship, with a handful of troops and Faora, a few whispers of (Y/N) being awe could be heard. As the ship entered the atmosphere, Faora smiled at the younger Zod.

"It's good to see awake Son of Zod" she teased, a lot thud rocked the holding area.

"It is good to serve the General once again" he replied, taking in a deep breath.

"Here's hoping you fulfil your orders, and not let another El slip from your grasp" she continued causing the other soldiers to snicker and grin. (Y/N) maintained his silence, thinking how his body seemed to shift when they broke into the atmosphere. The gravity here was different to Kryptons, (Y/N) felt lighter, moving his hand around it seemed to be easier. Eventually the time came to land on this planet, the ramp extending to the terrain both (Y/N) and Faora exited the ship.

(Y/N) examined this terrain and it was fascinating. No hills, no buildings, just a flat emptiness going on for miles. Meeting the Kryptonian craft were dozen of this Earthlings own military vehicles. Constructs of metal, some flying using turbines and propellers. Countless Earthlings holding rifles, ready to shoot at a moments notice. As (Y/N) moved, he felt so light it was incredible. The gravity here wasn't even half that of Kryptons. As they approached the military leader, they spotted Kal-El. Dressed in a dark blue outfit, a red cape blowing behind him, and the sigil of House El on his chest. He was indeed a spitting image of his parents. Getting closer, the metal of his and Faora's mask disappeared revealing their faces, but still a light blue field around their heads to protect them from the planets air.

"Kal-El" Faora began. "I'm Sub-Commander Faora-UL, this is Major (Y/N)-Zod. On behalf of General Zod, we extend you his greetings" she nodded, to which Kal-El nodded back. She looked to (Y/N) and moved her to indicate that he must retrieve the human the General requested.

Walking past Kal-El, (Y/N) stopped a few feet I'm front of the commanders. "Are you the ranking officer here?" he asked.

"I am" the lead male stated.

"General Zod would like, her" (Y/N) pointed to a human female among them. "To accompany us" he added causing a small amount of shock on a few faces.

"You asked for the alien, you didn't say anything about one of our own" the human commander replied taking a step forward.

"While I do no agree with the General's directives. You of all people should know, I cannot violate an order from a commanding officer"  (Y/N) replied while his eyes looked to the ground.

(Y/N) heard Faora walk up and join his side. "Shall we tell the General, you're unwilling to comply?" she asked.

"I don't care what you tell him" the officer replied with a harsh tone.

"It's okay, I'll go" the female spoke up, her voice stuttering. Causing a smile to appear on Faora's face. The four then boarded the dropship, thee sound of the engines shocking the humans as they took off. (Y/N) was surprised by how similar humans looked to Kryptonians, it was uncanny. The outer features such as skin, hair, limbs, were so close you'd think one was the descendent of another. Kal-El and the human female were seated, while Faora went to retrieve something leaving (Y/N) to watch them. They think he didn't see, but (Y/N) saw Kal-El hand the woman something.

"How has this planet treated you Kal-El?" (Y/N) spoke up, getting the attention of the two.

"It's treated me like one of their own" he said while nodding his head, it was clear that the conversation was awkward. "I couldn't be asked to be treated any better, Earth has so much to offer".

"The way we were greeted, seems as they're not receptive to having visitors from other worlds" (Y/N) replied.

"First time anything like this has happened that the public knows of, aliens appear in the sky and threaten to attack unless they hand over someone who's been living among them" Kal-El replied while the woman remained silent and seemed too take everything in.

"Yes, it is a tense first contact to say the least" (Y/N) responded. "So that's what he did" (Y/N) muttered to himself, disappointed to hear what his father and general did. While not speaking up, due to his abilities, Kal-El heard what the Major muttered.

Faora then returned with a breathing helmet for the woman. "The atmosphere composition on our ship is not compatible with humans. You will need to wear a breather beyond this point" she said stepping forward placing the device over the woman' shoulders. A shield similar to Faora's and (Y/N)'s then appeared over her face. Eventually the dropship reached the Black Zero, the dropship tiny in comparison to the prison ship. Faora and (Y/N) escorted the duo through the ship, getting attention from some of the surviving members of the Swords of Rao.

Eventually they reached the bridge, and General Zod himself. Who was facing the planet, then turned as the door opened. "Kal-El" he called out turning fully. "You have no idea how long we've been searching for you" stepping forward to greet the Earth grown Kryptonian.

"I take it you're Zod?" Kal-El asked.

"General Zod" Faora corrected. "Our commander".

"It's all right Faora" Dru-Zod calmed her down. "We can forgive Mal any lapses in decorum. He's a stranger to our ways. This should be cause for celebration, not conflict".

(Y/N) noticed that Kal was struggling, his breathing was caught in his throat. His eyes shutting tight, as he was adjusting to the air of his native planet. "I feel......strange" he managed to get out as he began to cough while maintaining eye contact with the General. "Weak" he then fell to his knees, coughing up blood.

"What's happening to him?" the woman asked.

"He's rejecting our ship's atmospherics" General Zod answered. "You've spent a lifetime adapting to Earth's ecology, but you never adapted to ours".

"Help him" she cried.

"I can't whatever's happening to him has to run its course" Zod replied, as Kal-El fell to the floor passed out.

"Clark, help him" she cried once again.

"Major" General Zod called out causing his son to stand at attention. "Take Kal-El here to be mind probed, I shall tell him of our plans while extracting the information we need" he ordered. (Y/N) moving to pick up Kal-El who was quite heavy. While another guard took the woman to a holding cell.