White Roses II

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I stirred awake from my slumber as my eyes fluttered open. The room that I've been staying in was peaceful and quiet. I rolled over to take a look at the clock on the bedside table. The thing read seven forty-three in the morning. Part of me wanted to go back to sleep and go back to Akiza but given that my next match today was scheduled for noon at the Kaiba Dome. I couldn't afford to sleep in. My plans required me to win the tournament in order to set right what has been wronged. However, the memory of what happened yesterday replayed in my mind. 

(Y/N): 'God... I'm such an idiot.'

I get out of bed with a groan. The drain from that duel yesterday was paying its toll, hence the reason I wanted to sleep more. My deck box was set on the dresser with all of my cards inside. I went over to pick it up, but right before I grabbed it, a sensation of guilt washed over me. The reality was... I got lucky yesterday. My rampage would have continued to the rest of the city with Chaos MAX Dragon destroying everything. Thankfully Akiza and Luna were there to stop me. I pulled my hand away from my deck not wanting to bother the spirits. 

Maiden: "(Y/N)"

The sound of that voice made me come to a stop just before my hand gripped the doorknob to the room. I turned around, and low and behold, standing over by the deck was the astral form of Maiden. She looked sad and it wasn't something that I wanted to see. It only made me feel even worse inside, so out of guilt, I turned away from her. Her presence grew closer to me until I could feel her hand touch my shoulder. She turned me around so I could face her. The both of us had tears in the corner of our eyes.

(Y/N): "Forgive me..."

Maiden: "It wasn't your fault."

(Y/N): "Of course it was. No matter how you drum it up. I was the one who lost control. I was the one who summoned that dragon. I was the one who nearly destroyed everything again."

Maiden: "That wasn't you, (Y/N). We both know it was your anger doing that."

(Y/N): "I get that you're trying to cheer me up, but it doesn't change anything."

Maiden: "You got to stop beating yourself up about that duel. About what happened three years ago. You need to learn to let go of the anger and hatred in your heart. If you can't, then you'll become the monster they fear you to be."

(Y/N): "But... How? Where do I even start?"

Maiden: "That's something that you will have to figure out on your own."

(Y/N): *sighs* "How are the others?"

Maiden: "They're okay. Shaken up, but okay."

(Y/N): "They hate me, don't they?"

Maiden: "Oh, nonono! No, they don't! We were just as connected to your sister as we are to you. We feel your pain and share your anger when someone like Koda speaks about her in the manner he did. We're family after all."

(Y/N): *sniffles* "Thank you, Maiden."

Maiden: "I will always be here for you, (Y/N). No matter what."

She gives me a smile as a tear ran down her face. Her form fades away leaving me alone once again in the quiet room. A tear ran down my own face at Maiden's sentiments. It felt nice that I'm still not alone. I have the twins, my cards, and Akiza. I leave the room walking down the hallway to the bathroom. The house was quiet accompanied by the muffled sounds of snoring coming from Leo's bedroom. The twins were still asleep leaving me the chance to bathe before the events of today. I'll need it with the backlash I'm more than likely to receive when we go to the tournament for my duel today. I get undressed in the sleepwear I was in while I had the shower going for a bit to warm up.