14

14| Breaking Point

Jay stood outside the hospital. He tried to calm himself down but all his effort went out the window when he heard his brother's voice.

"Jay."

"Don't, Sunghoon. Just leave me alone."

"I only knew for a few days. I knew about Beomsoo before you, why are you so upset now?"

"Why?! You knew for days, I wouldn't have even known for who knows how long if he hadn't ended up in the hospital!"

"Jay, he would have told you. I know he would have." Sunghoon kept his voice low.

Jay scoffed, "Of course, you'd know. You know everything when it comes to him."

"Is that what this is about?"

Jay didn't answer.

"Jay, he's your husband. I'm his best friend. We aren't the same. We will never be." Sunghoon's words weren't meant to be provoking, but they were.

"I know! He'll always choose you. He always has."

With just a few words, Sunghoon's peacemaking attitude was gone.

"He'll always choose me?" Sunghoon laughed, but it wasn't genuine. It was filled with disparity.

"I saw my first love get married and have a family with my brother. So if that's him choosing me, then yes, Jungwon chose me every time."

Silence entered the tense atmosphere before Jay broke it.

"You, you never said anything." Jay was stunned.

He knew his brother had a soft spot for his husband, but he never thought he'd actually be in love with him.

"How could I say anything when you were acting like a normal fucking person for once?! Do you know how difficult it was to have a conversation with you? You never talked to us! And yes, mom and dad may have caused their own son not to speak to them, but what did I do? I was always compared to you too! But I never held that against you. But you just couldn't get over it. You shut us out. Then Jungwon came along and you started talking to us again. You were happy. How could I take that away from you? How could I do that to the both of you..." Sunghoon had tears streaming down his face. He was always one that kept his emotions to himself, never wanting to let anything out, but everyone has their breaking point.

Jay kept quiet, wanting to give Sunghoon the opportunity to say more.

"So yes, Jay, I didn't say anything, because I love you and him way too much to be selfish. And I'm sorry if my relationship with him bothers you, but I'll always be there for him because he was my best friend before he was my first love."

"Sunghoon...I-" Sunghoon checked the time before preventing his brother from finishing his sentence.

"I'm going to pick up Beomsoo. I'll be with him at my place." Sunghoon was going to leave, acting as if he hadn't just poured his heart out.

"Sunghoon." Jay attempted to talk to the younger again.

"Just figure out your shit with Jungwon first, then maybe we can fix whatever fucked up relationship this is." Sunghoon gestured between the both of them.

"Cause at the end of the day, I just wanted a brother."

*******

End of chapter 14

*******

Barely edited