12 <3

The next day maddy woke up around 2pm. She was so hungover and didn't feel like doing much that day. Despite the constant feeling of nausea she took her makeup off that she was still wearing from the night before, changed from her dress into a hoodie and some shorts.

She went downstairs for a glass of water hearing convosations from the next room over and when walking in she saw everyone sat comforting jere.

She looked to laurel who was sat opposite jere giving her a look to ask her what was happening and then looked to jere who was sat on the floor with his head in his hands.

She sighed because she knew it was going to be about dylan.

She sat down next to him putting her phone down on the table infront of her along with her glass of water and vape.

Maddy looked at jere who responded with "dylan hooked up with another guy last night" keeping his head in his hands.

Maddy kept silent for a few seconds before saying "i have some advice for you, you know if you wanna hear it, but im not gonna shove it down your throat. So if you do wanna hear it just tell me or if you want me to sit here and listen i can do that to"

Jere chuckled at her hypocrisy "funny because you never let anyone give you advice"

She paused not knowing exactly how to respond "I genuinely do not believe that people treat you the way they feel about you" she paused again not knowing if she should be giving jere this advice since he said he didnt want to hear it

"I believe they treat you based on the state of mind they're in. Some people unintentionally hurt you because they're at war with themselves and suffering with things that have nothing to do with you."

Jere looked up at maddy who continued

"you have to stop blaming the way that others treat you on yourself jere, you have no control over the situation now but what you do have control over is how you choose to deal with it. Dylan had his choice and he chose to loose you. so now you get to choose, choose to move on and realise that you deserve so much more than what he gave you, because you do, you deserve to find someone who is going to put you first, someone who is in the right state of mind for a relationship and someone who isn't going to fuck you over because they're to blind to see what a great guy you are."

Jere sighed at her response "your pretty good at giving advice i wont lie to you"

"You dont have to listen to it just do what you need to and if you need anything then im here for you"

He stood up putting a hand out for maddy to take

"Your turn for some advice"

"Oh no definitely not, there is nothing i need advice for thanks" she picked up her things and turned to walk out when jere replied

"You have to start forgiving people"

She stopped and before she could ask him what he ment by that he continued

"I know that nobody was there for you when you were in the hospital and i cannot even begin to understand how you must've felt all that time but you have to move on aswell, you cant keep blaming for people not showing up when you didnt want visitors in the first place"

She froze for a bit trying to figure out why he would think she didnt want visitors after all that she went through

"Who told you i didnt want visitors?" She questioned to jere wondering where he got that from because all she wanted was to see people

"Caitlin" laurel said back to her

Maddy switched her focus to laurel "caitlin? Like caitlin from back home?"

"Yeah she went to the hospital and when she got back she called to say that you wernt feeling great and you didnt want visitors, she went a few times and called every time to say you didnt want to see anyone"

Maddys face dropped and she went silent again taking in everything that laurel had told her confused by what she was hearing

"Jesus christ, seriously? What is wrong with you now. You are literally never happy, you know I understand your depressed or whatever but come on you are always in a shitty mood." Jere stopped himself and looked to everyone else who was sitting in the room with shocked expressions

She looked back to jere  "caitlin never came to the hospital." She said bluntly

"What?"

"She was never there, she never came to the hospital and i keep telling you this" she started raising her voice getting frustrated because nobody seems to understand her "why dont you get that, why wont you listen to me, nobody was there! And you know why? Because of her. She is the reason why i spent over a year in the hospital alone"

Laurel stood up looking at maddy when she said "what do you mean she was never there?"

"What do i mean?" She chuckled because they still didn't understand "i dont know how many times i have to explain this or really how many times i can explain it until i go crazy. I am telling you laurel, nobody came to the hospital. I was there for over a year and i didnt see anyone until the day i was released"

"So caitlin never visited you?" She replied

"NO! Never. Not once. I havent seen or spoken to her since that day. What did you not think it was wierd that i wouldnt want visitors? I almost died! Why wouldnt i want people around me?! I was raped for fuck sake! And you didnt stop to think that maybe, just maybe she was lying?"

"Maddy i-"

"No you know its fine, really, im glad i know. It was my fault i get that. I know that it was because of me that they were all in that room, but letting me sit alone in a hospital bed after i almost died?, that. Thats on her"

There was a knock on the door

"Im sorry" laurel said "but your friends. They're here."