Chapter Seven - Apple White

Apple frowned. She didn't know exactly where she was. It was a dark night, outside, warm air puffing out of her mouth, into the cold. She rubbed her hands together, desperate for the least bit of warmth. She looked up, at the sky. Small snow flakes fluttered down. A lamp, flashing, glowing yellow was the only think illuminating the dark street.

"Hello?" She said, and suddenly took notice. Her hands. They were different. They looked more... real? Apple grabbed her hair. It was a different texture, too.

Unaware what to do, she started walking down the street, hoping to find someone willing to help.

But soon the light showed again, she felt like she'd walked in a circle. But that wasn't so.

So Apple kept on walking, yelling for help, sometimes almost slipping on ice. Suddenly, she heard a feminine voice.

"No, Brad, no listen!" She yelled into her phone.

Apple frowned again. The girl had straight brown hair, maybe up to her elbows. Her face was full of makeup, from glittery eyeshadow and lark eyelashes. She had a slim figure, thin arms, thin legs. All she wore was a sparkly purple and pink dress, barely covering her thighs. She had black high heels, with a small black purse. She looked no older than 20. Well underdressed.

She laughed. "Hah, you wish it was like that." Apple watched as she walked right passed her.

"No- because I, WOAH!" Just as she was about to slip on some ice, Apple caught her, bringing her close to her body.

Apple let her stabilize on her feet before letting go.

"Thank you so muc-" She turned around, and once she saw Apple she stopped.

"Hey Brad, I'll call you back, okay?" She didn't wait for an answer, she declined, and shoved her phone into her purse.

The girl looked at Apple, wide eyed, staring at her without wasting a second to blink.

Apple shifted. "Can I help you?"

"2013." She spoke nearing Apple. The blonde felt it would be rude to back away, so she stayed put, her heart beating louder.

She continued. "2013, the first episode aired by Mattel. I was 10 years old, it was around 8 pm. I was supposed to get ready to go to sleep, but I was stuck to the TV. Then, the theme song played. Characters. Many characters on screen. That was the moment my life changed."

"What?" Apple breathed, unaware and completely confused what she was talking about.

"You were there. Apple. You were my favorite. Daughter of Snow White. Every 6 months, I waited. Waited for a new season. Until 2017. You left. They left. Raven, Lizzie, Blondie, Kitty, Briar, Cerise... everyone. Everything was gone." She said, her voice getting louder, sharper, more angry.

Apple had freaked inside. Who was this girl, and how did she know so much about her?

She girl stepped forward, and intertwined a lock of Apples hair in her finger. "You're here now. You're back. 5 years later." Tears were streaming out of this girls eyes, and she got dangerously close. In fact, so close that she smelled her breath, and realised she was in fact not sober, but very drunk.

"They took everything away from me. My childhood. My happiness. I related to you more than any other character on TV. You're friends, made me realise I wasn't straight."

She paused, then slowly hugged Apple. After a few moment of silence, Apple felt her sob into her chest. "I hate...everything. This isn't fair. It wasn't fair! 14 year old me deserved to be happy."

Apple awkwardly stroked her head." It's okay, it's okay, I'm here now."

"Hey, Diana! What are you doing?!" Someone suddenly yelled.