Chapter Five - Apple White

Apple felt uneasy as she entered the loud room. Voices, echoing. Her ears rung, as her eyes went erratic. She didn't know why she felt like this.

She just witnessed two girls kissing. Maybe it was that. She had never experienced that. Even from a distance. Her stern mother had kept her a distance away from something people called freedom.

Or maybe it's because you like Darling.

No no no!

Apple propped herself on a seat, grasping her forehead. Normally, her minions would swarm around her. But now it was different. Her reputation was ruined for good.

Everything was so loud. Why was everything so loud?

"Shut up." Apple mumbled, as her hands gripped her hair.

But everything just got louder, sharper.

I don't understand.

Did you ever, Apple?

Suddenly, the room went quiet. It was dark in the hall, only a dim light above illuminating what was left of the buzzing Cafeteria. Nothing.

"Hello?" Apple asked, her red eyes scanning her surroundings.

Nothing.

"No, no! Not again!" She got up from the only bench left and started hurrying away. She was seeing things, after her experience in her Apple coma.

"Hello? Is anyone here? Somebody? Darling?!" She screamed, her voice breaking.

"No..." she slowly collapsed to her knees.

Everything was gone. And it was because of her. Her believe of following destiny didn't involve a girl, or a insecure baby doing her best to fight.

"Apple?" A voice suddenly said. Apples head shot up.

"Apple are you okay?"

Suddenly, the voices resumed. The first thing she saw was Darling.

Apple anxiously looked around. She was standing in the middle of the Castletiria.

"Apple?"

"I'm fine." Apple abruptly replied.

"Are you sure, you look kinda ill. We don't have to go to Bookend today-"

"No, it's fine. We'll just have to stop by at Tiana's Healing Center. '

Tianas Healing Center was one of the many shops located in Book End, designed to help teenagers with healthcare, and run by the one and only Tiana. And it was also the first stop on the two girls list.

"You want me to go in with you?" Darling asked, as they stood outside the green door.

"Just wait for me here. Ill be out in a few."

Apple tugged open the door and was instantly greeted by a blanket of different scents. Relief washed over her as she shut the door behind her and walked through the dim room to the counter.

"Hello there what can I- oh well if it isn't my favorite little student Apple. How you've been?" Tiana greeted Apple so warmly that Apple had almost forgot about her headache. It seemed like she cared more about Apple than her own mother did.

"I've been... okay." Apple lied. It's been a terrible few weeks for her. Ever since the Dragon Games, things haven't been the same.

Tiana looked right through the girl. "Awe darling. Out of all people you just don't deserve to suffer. What can I do for ya?"

Apple uncomfortably shifted. "Just my usual, I guess."

Tiana's brows furred with worry. Apples usually was a dose of pills that Tiana wouldn't normal give alway. The kind that calm migraine, anxiousness, worry, sadness, everything that makes the person an unhappy one.

"Are you sure? I can offer you many other things but this..."

Apple nodded. "I know. But Doctor Daphne prescribed me for a reason."

"I suppose. Wait just a moment." She said and went into the back rooms.

Apple paced as she waited, biting away her nails.

"Here you go babe." Tiana said handing her the orange bottle with the pills. Apple couldn't help but feel comfort as she sweaty hands wrapped around the bottle, the smiley face on the cap grinning up at her.

"Thanks, and oh, please don't tell my mom that I'm taking them."

Tiana zipped her lips with her finger and threw away the key. "Not a word, Apple. I promise."

Apple gave her one final smile, and turned to leave.

She quickly grabbed a paper cup and filled it with water, gulping down the medicine.

There we go.

————

Darling was on her mirrorphone when Apple left the shop.

"Ready to go?" Darling asked, putting her phone away.

For the first time today, Apple cracked Darling a smile.

Apple was sure that she never had this much fun shopping in her whole life.

First the two headed to the new clothing shoppe that had joined Book End.

"So... what do you think would fit me? What should my new style be?" Apple questioned, a smile spread on her face as they entered the shop.

"Well, you pick. It's your choice now. Not your moms. Not what's based off your story. Just yours."

Apples eyes lit up as she heard Darlings voice.

Anything. Just my choice.

After loading their arms with bags full of new clothing, they head to Ashlynn's Glass Slipper.

"I'm so glad you girls got a chance to come around. I got a new shipment just an hour ago. I'm sure there is something to your liking." Ashlynn offered, kindly smiling at Apple.

———
"It's been hell of a day." Apple said, sipping her caramel cinnamon latte.

It was already 10:34, the Hocus Pocus Cafe was already dim and empty, except for a few students studying or others having a quiet conversation.

Darling quietly laughed. "Understandable, but I'm really glad that you're getting a chance to get to know yourself."

Apple smiled at Darling. These types of moments convinced Apple that everything is okay. She is okay and everything was normal. Like it was before the Dragon Games.

"Crap, it's already 10:30. I think it's high time we get back."

"Do we have to?" Apple whined.

"Yeah we do, Beauty Queen. Or Grimm is gonna beat your butt up Merlin Road.

Apple laughed, but followed Darling out the door.

"Thank you for today, Darling. I really appreciate everything you do for me. Really. You're amazing."

"You're not to bad yourself, A."