Chapter 2

I looked around my room, my heart beating fast. What... the fuck? What kind of dream was that? That was fucked up. I looked down at my shaking hands. Ever since middle school... I hated myself for saying that to Deku. And it's still getting to me. I can't even get myself to apologize. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling. What's going on with me?

I rolled on my side and looked at the dark room. Something felt... off. I sat up again and stood up. I can't stop thinking about... Deku's dead body. I left my room and went to Deku's floor before knocking on his door. What am I doing? I stood there, anxiously. As I waited for Deku to answer. But he didn't. He wasn't a light sleeper. I knocked harder. I waited. And then I banged on the door. Loudly. I was getting scared.

Before I knew it, I was running to the roof. I ran to the door and slammed it open to see Deku fall right then and there. He didn't wait. I ran to the ledge and reached out for him even though he was too far gone. And then came the sound of his body smacking against the ground.

And then I woke up. I jolted awake and before I could think, I was running out the door and down the hall. I heard a door open and didn't bother to look. It was Kirishima's door. I ran through the halls until I got to the stairs to lead to the roof. I almost ran but I stopped myself. Maybe... if he doesn't hear me. I slowly walked up and then slowly opened the door. But right when the door opened, and I saw Deku standing there, silently, with the wind blowing his green curls, I heard a door slam from below me. I cursed to myself as I saw Kirishima below me, running up the stairs. I looked back at Deku and stepped forward.

I heard him whisper those same words that I will now, forever hate. "Happy Birthday, Kacchan."

And then he was gone. And Kirishima stood behind me. Right when he touched my shoulder, I woke up.

This was a loop. I was in a loop and I wake up every time Deku dies. But... why would he want to kill himself? WHY? And on my birthday too! Why would he do that to me! And to everyone. Why would he take his own life.

I sat up fast, running out of my room. But instead of going to the roof, I went to the ground. I ran to where Deku was going to be, and stood by the ground, waiting. I wanted to catch him. Even if I died. I waited and waited. And I looked up at him. He was staring at the stars as he stood there. Like he was waiting for me to come out and see him. He looked behind him and then looked down and saw me. I couldn't see his expression. But I saw him turn and walk farther across the ledge, and I tried to follow him.

But then he activated one for all, and ran far from me, before taking a literal swan dive. My eyes widened. I ran to where he jumped and he fell right in front of me, blood splattering against my face. I fell to my knees and sobbed. I grabbed his hand and held it with two hands, crying into it. Why.... Why did he do this?

And then I was awake. What am I even doing? Nothing is working. I suddenly got an idea. I jumped up and ran to Aizawa's room. When I got there, I banged on the door for a minute before it was opened, Aizawa looking angry. "WHAT?"

I had tears in my eyes and when he saw that, his face calmed, knowing something was wrong. My shaky hand pointed behind me, towards where the stairs were, and I spoke in a shaky voice. "DEKU'S ON THE ROOF! HE'S GONNA JUMP!"

Aizawa's eyes widened as he bolted. And I ran with him. We both ran through the stairs until he got to the door. He opened it and Deku was still there. He stood there, staring at him. Deku looked back at both of us and smiled sadly. "Bye, Mr. Aizawa. Bye, Kacchan."

Aizawa ran for him but Deku stepped off the ledge right before Aizawa could wrap his arms around him. He stared down at the ground before he started to scream. I felt a single tear drop before I woke up again.

This.... hurts. I got up and ran. So Aizawa couldn't do it either. I stopped in the middle of the hallway. What if he has someone who he loves convince him to get down?