Chapter 1

(If you didn't read the description warnings, please do. If you don't wanna go back, then I'm telling you right now. This story contains major gory details, suicide, trauma, and maybe other things. And it is very sad. Read at your own risk)

I opened my eyes and smacked my lips. My mouth was dry. I reached for my water bottle on my nightstand but groaned when I realized it was empty, throwing it to the ground. I picked my phone up and turned it on, squinting at the light. It was 4:32 AM. I grumbled as I got out of bed and walked out of my room, scratching my neck. I walked through the hallway, eyes tired.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the first floor, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed. I breathed calmly, still half asleep. The elevator doors opened and I stepped out, looking into the dark room. I walked towards the kitchen and to the fridge. I opened it and grabbed a bottle of water before beginning to chug it. I kept holding it as I closed the fridge and walked out of the kitchen.

I got back into the elevator and went to press the button for my door but I stopped. I thought for a second and remembered how I haven't been on the roof in a while. It was my birthday now so why not go enjoy the night stars. I clicked the botton for the top floor and waited. When the doors opened, I walked through the long hallway and reached the staircase.

I climbed the stairs and stood in front of the door. I kept one hand in my pocket as I pushed the heavy door open with the other. I stepped out and looked at the scenery. But I froze when I saw another figure out there with me. It was a boy with tangled green hair. Deku. He was standing by the ledge, looking out. What was he doing here?

I looked around the roof and saw a piece of paper with a rock on it, the ends blowing in the wind. The hell? I looked back at Deku. He didn't notice me. I watched as his hair blew around in the wind. His hands gripped the railing tight. His knuckles began to turn white. But then he began to do something that made my heart drop. He began to climb over the railing. I tried to run over to him and stop him. But I couldn't move. I dropped the water bottle and Deku flinched. But didn't look at me.

I tried calling out. But I couldn't find my voice. Deku stood on the opposite side of the railing while I internally screamed at myself to move. And I finally did. Right when my feet started to run, he turned his head towards me and looked at me with teary, green eyes. Tears soaked his freckled cheeks as he looked at me with curiosity. Then he smiled and relaxed his hands on the railing before mumbling out a small, quiet phrase. So quiet I almost missed it. "Happy Birthday, Kacchan."

And then his hands relaxed completely, letting go of the railing, and letting him fall, face foward. Right out of my reach. I grabbed for him. But it was too late. I slammed against the railing and searched for him down below. My vision felt hazy. Then I saw him, right before I heard the heavy sound of his body hitting the concrete. The sound of his skull cracking. His bones shattering.

My breath caught in my throat before I climbed over that railing and jumped as well, but slowing my movement with my explosions. I landed right next to him and dropped in the growing puddle of blood.

I looked at the mangled body. His head was disfigured. His hands were crushed under his body. His legs were broken much like it had been many times before. I... I couldn't even cry. Why should I? This isn't Deku. It can't be! Deku's alive and healthy in his dorm room, sleeping peacefully with All Might figurines surrounding him.

I shook my head lightly as I stared at the body. Deku's alive. Deku's... Izuku's fine. He's alive and well. He's gonna wake up tomorrow and say hi to me and call me that stupid nickname that I hate so much! He's... He's fine. He's gonna be... fine.

I heard screams. It took me a moment to realize they were mine. And then everything went black. I jolted awake in my bed, still screaming for a second. But then I stopped. I breathed heavily and looked around. I was in my room.

I slowed my breathing and immediately realized how dry my mouth was. I checked my phone and saw the time. 4:32 AM. On my birthday.