044; he didn't turn up

Start from the beginning

After waiting another half hour and it just turning 11 that morning, she let out a small sigh after receiving no text from the boy for any updates, picking up her phone and deciding to call for Harry before proceeding with anything else.

Still staring at the door with her chin resting in her palm, Harry picked up after the first few rings as he let out a jokingly loud sigh.

"Sooo, how's it going with-"

"He didn't turn up." Rosemary interrupted Harry as the line went silent for a few seconds, hearing him mumble something to Evelyn with another small sigh.

"...Do you want me to come have the date with you so you're not feeling humiliated? Evelyn said she will be okay for an hour."

"You can't, it's valentines i'm supposed to be with Corbyn. Cameraman can't see me with some other guy." Rosemary frowned, "but he's not here. Not even a single text."

"Is there cameramen?"

"No." She said while looking around the cafe, "Harry I feel like an idiot."

"Maybe he's running late." Harry suggested.

"An hour late? Corbyn doesn't do that." She told him, glancing up to the TV in the corner of the cafe, turning her whole head towards it with a growing frown.

"There must be a pretty good reason, are you sure he hasn't text you?" Harry asked her while she stayed quiet, staring at the TV and biting the inside of her cheek, "Rosy?"

While the five boys were being shown on the TV all partaking in a soundcheck for a charity event, she leant back in her chair slightly before looking back to the flowers laying on the table.

"I'm going to come pick you up," Rosemary said, standing up from her seat and she grabbed the flowers and made her way out of the cafe.

"Do I need to be clocked out and ready?"

"You don't need to clock out." She replied, "just be ready."

"Are we breaking the law?" Harry mumbled.

"No." She sighed, "I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Yes ma'am." Harry replied, ending the call as he turned himself to Evelyn, "she's on her way."

"There's no way she's working today," she shook her head, "I'm not letting her work as a distraction."

"She's picking me up, I have no idea where we are going." Harry frowned, "what if she's angry? I don't like angry Rosy. She's dangerous."

"You're probably going to find Corbyn." Evelyn laughed before furrowing her eyebrows, "but he wouldn't bail on a date like that... he's obsessed with her."

"I bet he's stuck in a meeting." Harry said, "and he can't text her during it, I don't think it's anything awful like another girl or bailing because he isn't interested. It must be to do with the band."

"His life is literally her or the band." Evelyn agreed with a nod, "his band had something to do with it for sure."

"...If we come back and she's so upset she gets behind the counter, all she's doing is talking to her regulars, deal?" Harry raised his eyebrows, "she's not going into her office for emails or making any orders, she's just talking."