𝑶𝟏𝟖. 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗌 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

having willow in my arms seems to heal everything

     having willow in my arms seems to heal everything. i feel like i can breath well for the first time in seven days, i can think straight, and mostly i can have hope for her to come home.

     dawn is almost here and she is still sound asleep, her head lying on my thighs. i looked at her almost all night, because i couldn't believe we were finally together ; and because of the annoying presence of cindra, the girl from the nine.

     it seems like she and willow became allies at the very beginning of the games and never left each other since. as far as i'm concerned, she kept willow company and kinda safe all this time, but i'm not someone who can put his trust this easily. we are in the hunger games, after all. alliances don't exist, it's just a temporary and useless thing to give us the illusion to not be alone in this shithole.

     but at the end, only one victor will be crowned.

     having her with us is not really what i planned once i found willow, but i didn't have the faith to tell my sister last night. she was gripping my hand with so much strength, always smiling at me every time i would look at her. i couldn't tell her. but today is a new day, and we are now only six remaining in the arena - jewel died yesterday, after we left her still alive but bleeding so profusely that i'm not surprised she didn't pass the night. i just wonder if she died alone, or if someone among the careers was kind enough to finish her.

     cindra wakes up first ; i can't help but watch her sit up and stretch, before turning her face to me. it's funny, she looks a little bit like willow in an older version i can only imagine. blonde, pretty face ; only her brown eyes are really different from my sister's. she looks at me a few seconds, before saying :

     did you sleep ?

     i shrug. i don't really wanna talk to her, especially since i plan to ditch her today. i bet she can feel i'm not the happiest person to have her with us, but what can i do ? being a hypocrite has never been a trait of my personality, and i don't intend to begin now, even in the games.

     avoiding any form of conversation, i decide to wake willow up. we need to move further away from the last place we saw the careers and from the cornucopia. she flickers a little but wakes up quickly, ready to face this new day in the arena. i'm out of beef jerky but i share with them the edible leaves and fruits i have left ; we'll need to hunt if we don't want to die from hunger.

     it would be too satisfying for the capitol.

     then, cindra stands up and waves at us, her empty bottle in her hand :

     give me yours, i'll go get us some fresh water.

     she disappears between the trees, heading to the creek which already provided us last night. it could be the perfect occasion to vanish and let her be on her own, but i know willow won't move and leave cindra behind without a good explanation.