𝑶𝟔. 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗆𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎

     alright, bess smiles at me while he puts by hair back correctly. you ready, love ?

     we are at the ground floor of the remake center, in the backyard which is more like a big stable closed by a large door. there, twelve chariot rides pulled by four horses each, wait for their tributes.

     in a few moments will be the parade, a twenty-minutes ride to take us in front of all the capitol ; it is the chance for us to make an impression on the citizens, thus attracting potential sponsors. it's also the first time the capitol audience can see us in person, and it can give them a real idea of what to expect from each district's competitors.

     finally, willow arrives with her stylist and her prep team. she is gorgeous, wearing a long, deep green hue like that of pine tree tops, dress. the fabric seems to undulate around her with each of her movements, vaporous, as if it was animated and lived its own existence. her long sleeves form like a pair of wings, and her blond hair is braided into a crown with ivy and other plants. more than an angel, she looks like a dryad straight out of her tree, innocent and pure.

     she smiles widely at me when she sees me, and i smile back at her instantly.

     wow, she laughs when near me. they really managed to dress you up ?

     you look good, will.

     she scans me from head to toes. being honest, bess didn't do too badly for someone who likes to walk around almost naked, i'll give him that.

     pants, made with a really dark brown leather, enclose my legs to the waist, with matching boots. he left my chest bare, and i guess phox and blight are to blame for this. each of my scars have been carefully coated by bess with a product that makes them shine with a strange glow. to compare, it looks almost like the sap of the trees. to finish my outfit, very little makeup, some golden jewelry on my ears and around my biceps and my neck, but especially a wide dark hood which hide a large part of my face.

     i saw myself sooner, and it's true all of this makes me look good and powerful.

     now that i see willow, i can understand what bess and telly tried to do : we still represent our district, but while my sister is shown as sweet and delicate as in her reaping, i'm presented as the rock, here to protect her.

     we are one, and our stylists really managed to show that. for the first time, i don't hate someone from the capitol.

     bess and telly help us to step on our chariot, then blight and phox, who just joined us, give us some last minute advices.