𝑶𝟏𝟓. 𝗆𝖺𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾

i did not find willow.

     actually,

     three whole fucking days passed and i did not find her.

     she's not dead, but she's not there neither.

     i'm all alone.

     mad alone.

     on the third day, i wake up in pain

     my skin, exposed for the last two days to the blazing sun, is a red color that i have never seen before. on my forearms, blisters have appeared and i can also feel them on my neck. my eyes are dry, difficult to keep open and burn me. the ambient humidity doesn't even help, my blue pupils too damaged by the sun's rays. i can't even think straight because of a throbbing headache and my throat is so dry it feels like i ate sawdust.

     so the sun is gonna kill me.

     i manage to lift my arm to drink a little bit, and it makes me grimace with pain but no tears. my eyes are even too dry to cry.

     i would like to keep going and search a new island, make my way to willow ; but i can't seem to make my body move. it's like i was stuck to this tree, like if i moved my legs, my skin will remain glued to its bark.

     i don't know what i'm going to do.

     it sucks.

     i can't think.

     it's likely i'm going to die in this tree, burned, crumpled and dehydrated - like the dried fruits i ate at the capitol.

     i'm a fucking dried fruit.

     i have a vague notion of sunstroke ; i know that delirium and confusion are symptoms in more serious cases.

     and i think i'm delirious right now.

     because i see a little silver parachute going down to me with a light sound, bumping into the branch where i'm sit. i still reach for it, with pain - and maybe i'm not totally delusional after all. because it seems like i received a sponsor's gift ; because when i open it, i find a pair of sunglasses with a note. 

     𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚙𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚗, 𝚔𝚒𝚍 ? - 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

     i have to reread the note several times before i finally understand. i tip my head back, eyes closed, unable to imagine the immensity of my idiocy.

     fuck i'm so stupid, i let slip out loud. can't believe it. i'm so fucking dumb, no way.

     and continuing to insult me, i search fiercely in my bag ignoring the pain before putting my hand on the cream that i have ignored from the beginning, not knowing what it was for.