1. "I Knew You Were Obsessed With Me."

Start from the beginning

Courtney smiles at all of the attention on her, clearly loving every second of it.

She closes her eyes for a few seconds before blowing out the candle on top of the cake.

The four of us cheer for her, Courtney's mom included.

"What did you wish for, honey?" Her mom attempts to pry as she makes her way towards her daughter.

Courtney scoffs at this.

"I'm not telling, otherwise it won't come true." She answers.

I do not miss the way that her sapphire irises drift in my direction until they inevitably connect with my brown ones.

She looks like she has something on her mind.

I raise an eyebrow at her, silently asking her if she wants to talk about it.

"That's just a myth, sweetheart."

Courtney breaks eye contact with me to glare at her mother.

"I'm not taking any chances."

-

"One slice of cake with no frosting." My best friend smiles as she places a plate in front of me whilst simultaneously placing another plate of cake a few inches beside mine.

"Thanks, Court."

She smiles, grabbing the chair closest to me and pulling it even closer.

"It's whatever." She takes a seat in the chair beside me.

I allow her to throw her legs across my crossed thighs.

She does things like this a lot.

I've just chalked it up to her being a very touchy person...

The rest of our friends enter the dining room with plates of cake in their hands.

Cassie attempts to take a seat beside Courtney which doesn't end too well considering, technically, only two chairs can fit on this side of the table with it being completely cramped.

"What the hell, Cassie?!"

"Wha- I-"

"There are dozens of other seats you could've chosen! Pick one."

Cassie scoffs, but ultimately does as Courtney says.

She stands from the chair that she was sat in and moves it to another side of the table.

...Then again, I am the only person that she is touchy with.

-

Courtney smiles as everyone finishes up their slice of cake on their plate.

"Thanks for coming." The honey haired girl begins.

"We'll see you on Monday?"

The three girls who are sat around the table are completely dumbfounded, staring at the birthday girl with confused facial expressions.

"Uh, what?" Gia asks.

"School." Court deadpans.

The three girls look between each other, seemingly conversing with each other mentally.