1. "I Knew You Were Obsessed With Me."

Three Years Earlier.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gillian's POV

A smile makes its way onto my face as I stare at the photo of my best friend.

Her honey colored tresses are curled in large spirals that fall past her shoulders and rest against the middle of her back.

Atop of her head sits a plastic tiara that has been coated with a shiny gold spray paint.

The smile on her cherry tinted lips is so large that it is practically impossible to miss. Her sapphire blue eyes glimmering from the bright spotlight above her.

I don't think Courtney has ever been as happy as she was the night that she was crowned snowflake queen a week ago at our middle school dance.

She had been talking about wanting to win for months.

I was so happy when she finally got her wish, I still am.

"I knew you were obsessed with me."

My eyes roll all the way to the back of my head at the sound of my best friend's sarcastic tone.

I turn around so that I am now facing the smirking honey haired girl.

"Damn, you ruined my plan." I joke.

Courtney laughs at said joke before making her way over to her bed and sitting with one of her legs tucked underneath her.

"Don't worry, I'll keep your secret for you." She winks.

"Hey, didn't you say that Gia, Winter, and Cassie were coming over?" I ask.

Courtney rolls her eyes, an annoyed expression making its way onto her face.

"I really don't want to see them," she groans out.

Eventually she faces me again, this time with a frown on her face.

"I just want to spend the rest of the day with you."

I cross my arms in front of my chest, not entirely knowing what to do with them.

"Just the rest of the day?" I tease her.

The honey haired girl shrugs her shoulders.

"The rest of the day...the rest of our lives...same thing."

"Not really." I shake my head, trying my best not to laugh.

"Okay, you can fuck off for all I care, Gill." Courtney says with a grin, appearing to be back to her normal self.

I scoff at her playful insult as I know that she is only joking.

"Please, we both know that you can't live without me."

"Oh yeah?" She asks.

I nod my head at her.

"Says the one who's practically obsessed with me."

I slowly make my way towards her with my arms still crossed.

"You know that projecting your feelings onto me isn't healthy." I inform her.

Courtney goes unusually silent for a few moments.

I go to change the topic of conversation only for the doorbell to go off.

Well, I guess that this conversation is over.

-

"Happy birthday, dear Courtney. Happy birthday to you!"