"Hey, Dylan! I'm so happy you got hired," I say as we take the steps up into the meeting area.

  "I know, I'm happy to see you," he says as we step into the room. I glance at the desk and notice Wes isn't here. Can't say I'm surprised.

  "Anyways, I'm actually really excited to start-" I begin to say before someone starts to clear their throat.

  That someone is the devil in human form. I roll my eyes and turn toward the door seeing Xander lean against the frame with his arms crossed.

  Dylan clears his throat, "I'm sorry I don't think we've met. I'm Dylan," he says introducing himself. Dylan sticks out his hand toward Xander in a polite way. Xander couldn't care less though, he glances down at Dylan's hand and backs up at him, an empty expression on his face. Now that I see them side by side they couldn't be more different. Dylan is sweet, charming, handsome and all around husband material. And well, Xander has horns coming out of his head.

  "Do you always have to be such an ass?" I ask groaning, "Dylan this is Xander, don't mind him, he has a stick so far up his ass that it touches his brain," I say smirking at Xander. Ha, look who's cool now-

  Three more people walk in, two girls and one guy, and look around the room. Wes walks in behind them and begins explaining what we're going to be doing today. Except I can barely pay attention with satans demon eyes boring into my face.

  Wes says something along the lines of we're going to be going over the areas of the beach, a few practice drills and verifying our CPR training. It all sounds pretty standard to me. Hopefully, I can get out of here early and go shopping with Mia.

  Wes hands out everyone's bathing suits and tells us to go get changed in the bathrooms. We all file off and into the separated bathrooms. I change into the red full-piece bathing suit and tighten my ponytail. I walk out of the bathroom with two of the other girls and make our way down to the beach where Wes told us to meet him for the first portion of the training.

  Shit, I forgot my bag in the bathroom. I tell the other girls that I'll catch up and pivot on my heel back towards the bathroom.

  I have got to stop forgetting things. Maybe I get it from my mom. She forgot me once in Costco and I sat there at the desk for a solid 3 hours waiting for her to come back and get me. It doesn't help that I had no idea what her phone number was so I couldn't even call her on the desk phone. At least I only forgot a bag, not a whole child that I birthed.

  I open the bathroom door and retrieve my bag that's sitting near the sink. I riffle through it just to make sure everything's in there. I walk out the door my face still buried in the bottom of my bag. Okay, where the hell is my lip-

  "Jesus! I'm so-" I look up from the brick wall I just crashed into to realize it was the ruler of all evil himself.

  I glance down at his body and find his bare chest staring back at me. Is it even possible to have that many abs? His chest has grandchildren for god sake. I could just-

  "Love, my eyes are up here," he says chuckling under his breath.

  Well, that was a little embarrassing.

  "I wasn't-" oh who am I kidding, "Ugh just shut up!" I yell storming off as I hear his laughter from behind me.

I catch up with the rest of the group that's huddled in a circle around Wes. Xander joins seconds after me, and Wes begins to explain what we're doing, "This will be the first drill. It's a relay race, I want all of you to split up into groups of threes and whichever team wins they get bragging rights."