summer

Do you ever feel like you've gone clinically insane? Because I genuinely think I have

        "Aria are you even listening to your mother?" my mom yells at me which transfers me out of my trance.

        "Yes mom, I am," I say while standing up from the kitchen table.

        "What did I just say then?"

        "You were telling me about the importance and responsibility it is to have a job and how it is a 'learning experience'," I respond while eating a slice of watermelon I grabbed from the fridge.

        "Hm, fine then. But, Aria I do expect you to have found a job by the end of the month," I try to argue with her again but she cuts me off, "and do not try to even convince me to extend it because I told you your deadline three weeks ago. End of discussion."

        "It was barely even a discussion!" I yell at her as she walks away, "ugh mom!" I groan while throwing out the last of the watermelon.

        How is this even fair? Okay, I guess she may have told me about the fact that I needed to find a job a while ago but in my defence, I thought she was kidding! And now I need to find a dumb summer job in a matter of a week. Just peachy, aren't we?

        I stomp my feet up into my room and grab my phone sending a quick text to Lizzy and Mia telling them to come over. They text back in a matter of seconds saying they'll be a few minutes. We all live down by the beach, about a block away from each other, which is extremely convenient in times like these.

        I hear them knock on my bedroom door and holler for them to come in.

        "What happened?" Lizzy says plopping down onto my bed.

        "My mom is on my ass again about getting a job! She says I have to find one by the end of the month, which is impossible considering that's in seven days," I rush out ranting to my friends.

        "I mean didn't she tell you like a while ago that you had to get one?" Mia says while flipping through one of the books on my shelf. I give a death stare to her that would send her to hell if she wasn't so nice.

        Lizzy, Mia and I have been together since kindergarten. Lizzy is tall with dark brown hair and skin that glows no matter what time of day you look at her. She's the smartest out of us and will probably end up being a surgeon for all I know. Mia is probably the sweetest person anyone has ever met. Her bright blond hair and sweet smile make every guy ever fall in love with her...and makes girls fall in love with her too.

        And well that leaves me. In our group, you could say I'm the meanest but I like to say honest. It makes me sound better.

        "Guys, I just have no idea what to do," I continue to complain to them.