However in the distance I saw smoke rising from the trees. Dad saw as he looked up and pointed his hand in the direction of the smoke.

"Crap." I heard Leigh worriedly mutter before him and Maggie took off into a sprint. Everyone else started to run after them including me, trying to match the speed of the worried people. The trees brushed and scratched me as I desperately ran to keep up with them.

We briefly came to a stop and watched the sight in front of us. Cole then whispered with a gasp, "It's them. They found us..."

Who is he talking about?

I had no time to ask other than continue to run, getting closer to the small house that was broken and on fire. Although I was only outside, I couldn't help but cough at the large amount of smoke that was coming out. My throat starting to feel dry and scratchy as my dad and Maggie rushed inside to look for her people. Elijah went to a different entrance as Cole and Kelly went round the back.

Leigh and I stayed outside just incase anyone new ran out. Due to Leighs's jumpyness he wanted to stay away from the burning building. He appeared completely on edge, whoever they thought started this clearly worried them. I certainly wanted to know why.

I placed my hand on his arm to hopefully comfort him, "Hey, it'll be okay. We're gonna find your people."

"They can't of found us- we made sure of it..." He panted out, fiddling with his crowbar in hand just in case. Just because she couldn't see his whole face, she could easily tell by the worried look in his eyes that he was panicking inside.

"Who? Who are they?" I asked, confusion lacing my voice but also worry for him.

"The Reapers."

I was stunned at first before furrowing my brows. "What the hell are Reapers?"

I bent down at the sight of more tracks, brushing some leaves out the way to get a proper look. My dad and I went to tracking Maggie's people quickly, including her son who she was worried sick about.

"They're scattered. Definitely running. All headed north." My dad told Maggie as we rose to our feet.

Maggie nodded sadly, "These people...if it's them-"

"We'll find them. I promise." I told her and shrugged my bow over my shoulder.

"Any more kids in your group?" Dad asked and looked at the tracks once again.

Maggie shook her head, "That's him." She then looked behind her and called everyone else over. "If anything's out there other than our people, we kill it."

We walked further into the woods, following the tracks below us. It didn't take long for us to follow it, there were some occasional walkers staggering over to us but they weren't a problem. The only problem was that we nearly lost the tracks of Hershel and the others, mostly because the trail started to slowly split.

"The trail splits here." My dad pointed out and we came to a stop.

"Hershel?" Maggie hoped.

"They're covered. But it doesn't mean he's lost." I told her and she gave me a sad smile, but of thanks.

"What now?" Kelly curiously spoke up.

"We split up." Dad suggested and I nodded. It would be the faster way however the knowledge of the various Reapers were quite unsettling.

Cole fired back firmly, "No way."

"Our people are out there. Splittin' up is the fasted way to find 'em." Maggie responded.