"Yes but not that real good— unlike you are based on how I can see how serious and hard work you've done." I glanced at the side of his palm, which had a smudge of charcoal powder

"Oh." He chuckled and blushed as he scratched his head "Oh, it's just a lot of practice."

"Oh, taking notes right now." I nodded teasingly and he just grinned, he looked so cute when he smile like that.

"So, um about what I said earlier,— if you're interested or maybe even just watch the training later, I don't know, you might want to join my friend Gabbe's team."

"Oh, Gabbe? Yeah, I've met her, she's nice."

He nodded and let out a sigh of amused  "Yeah, she's looking for newbies but if you wanna join, just come by anytime. It's just a training, so, you don't have to be great— I'm sure Gabbe will teach you all how."

I nodded with a bit interest "Hmm, okay I guess— I'll check that tryout later."

Then a group of Daniel's friends came over, all eyes on me, "The new girl?" one of them asked, and the guy with brunette hair and a red cap turned to me and said, "I'm Anthony." He's half Korean, has deep brown eyes, and raised his hand while wrapping his other arm around his friend's shoulder. Honestly, almost all of Daniel's friends remind me of the jock boys from my old school.

"(y/n)." I shook his hand and he grinned.

"Or just call me Tony like everyone else." His firm grip let my hand go.

"Ok, Tony."

He smirked and took off his red cap, saying, "But you can call me baby anytime." adjusted his hair while checking Daniel's reaction by nudging his arm.

Daniel looked at him with grimaced "Seriously?"

I looked unimpressedly at Tony and questioned "Why?" while intentionally staring at him.

"Well.. duh- you know." Tony suddenly stammered, his grin fainting while he scratched his nape when he noticed how I exchanged expression that something made his cheeks flushed in super embarrassment and wished he didn't give a bad flirt. "I mean— because." He gazed at me while finding his words nervously.

"So, I could be your mother's replacement, Baby?" I mocked him and then raised my brows with my arms crossed.

His friends mocked and laughed at him, and Daniel almost laughed but held himself.
"Yikes."
"Burned?"
"Oh my gosh, dude, your mommy issues are blowing up."

"Oh, you could've just said you needed a mother's love—isn't that what you want?"

"How would you know?" Tony chuckled nervously with a red dusting on his cheeks, and his pupils dilated as he kept gazing at me.

I continued, "I said—" moving a bit closer to him, "Isn't that what you want? Just say it." with my lips curled and my eyes narrowed in curiosity.

Say it.
Say what's on your mind.
Embarrass yourself.

"Yeah, I need a mother's love so badly because everyone hates me and I'm nobody." Tony stated swiftly, his brows knitted and blinked as he gulped with his face dropped.

There, a beat of awkward silence.

This is what always happens when every time I threaten some boys like him by just looking deeply into their eyes or souls, and then they would just say what they wish they hadn't said, which is an odd but amusing thing. The fact that I have been able to use that skill since in my fifth grade makes it seem as though I had the ability to intimidate and embarrass boys like him.