Eruption 14 - Challenging Distance

3rd Person Pov

Fair to say everyone had their shock at Onyx's latest development with some like Kiana and Mei openly wearing their expressions while a small minority kept blank faced externally. The boy gripped the handle of his sword and then crouched a little before jumping with a spin then thrusting his blade forward with enough force to release a travelling shockwave to Rita.

The maid's eyes widened as she picked her scythe up to block the attack but was sent skidding across the ground. By the time she stopped moving Rita was baffled at the fact she was holding her weapon with two hands now but she didn't have such leisure to remain unfocused as the duel still continued.

When looking up Onyx was already there barehanded while his fists were ablaze with energy. The maid smiled and welcomed the challenger as she went to counter his punches.

Rita: "You really are full of surprises!"

However with each punch more pain built up in his body, only being numbed by adrenaline and willpower.

Durandal: 'Even if she's not going all out he's seriously doing well...'

Proving this point Onyx was able to dodge one of her attacks and even attempted a counter. Keyword being attempt as it was avoided by the S Rank who took note of his physical enhancement.

Rita: 'Before he was just about B level but now in this state he'd be able to compete and probably beat a fair amount of A Ranks.'

Onyx jumped into the air with a raised leg embraced by his red honkai while Rita's blade was touched by ethereal petals before the two sicked their attacks on each other. Onyx got blown back by the clash but flipped in the air and built up four projectiles of black-red energy.

Onyx: "Stygian Streams!"

He hurled the newly devised attacks at Rita who spun her scythe calmly in-front of herself. As soon as the attacks reached her they were diverts away from her. Rita dashed at Onyx and swung at his side so he covered his hand with a small shield to intercept the attack. However, it was a feint with her target being his head which she hit with the back of the scythe's blade.

Rita began to spin with her scythe to follow up but Onyx jumped over it and went for an overhead kick that she blocked with her right arm that didn't have the cloth. Regaining his footing he blocked another attack before ducking and dashing as the scythe's blade attempted to close in on him.

He went for a speedy Nuclear Punch that most in the stands weren't able to see but it wasn't much for Rita. The honkai that covered his fist shot off his fist and an explosion was let off when the projectile landed.

Rita: "You've gotten a little faster it seems~"

Onyx stepped back and then seemingly vanished from sight before reappearing behind his opponent with a kick but Rita was still able to block, she was skidding through the ground a bit nonetheless no real damage. The powered up teen dashed right at her with the ground his was on cracked up as he flung himself at her and once again went for a Nuclear Punch that was once again blocked.

Rita kneed him in the gut before swinging around her scythe though he was able to avoid the incoming attacks. Onyx then used his high speed to back of and fire multiple Homuken's all around the S-Rank.

She simply jumped up to avoid the attacks then charged at Onyx faster than before catching him off guard. The maid swung the back of her scythe against his head knocking him off balance then swung it down on him but Onyx followed his falling momentum into a cartwheel to avoid the follow up and took a few steps back.

Raising his hands at his sides with small balls of deep red honkai energy the boy threw them at his foe before running towards her. Rita avoided the attacks but after the last one Onyx had his arm extended to the handkerchief but was intercepted by a hit to his side.