Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Being the girlfriend of Harry Potter was a lot less of a change for her than she would have thought.

"Well of course you are." Yor said, surprised, when Anya mentioned it over dinner. "You have been for years."

Anya glowered at her.

Her Mother smiled obliviously.

"Did everyone just assume we were already a thing?" Anya asked, annoyed.

When Harry had left for his third year of Hogwarts he had sent her a letter letting her know that his friends had always assumed that they had always been a couple.

"I certainly did not." Her father said immediately. "Anya, he can't sleep over here anymore. And don't sleep with your door shut. And-"

"Yes, yes, I'm aware." Anya said heavily.

"How's he getting on with his godfather?" Yor asked, changing the subject. "Is everything going well?"

Loid narrowed his eyes.

Upon being told that Harry Potter was dating his daughter he suddenly had nothing nice to say about him.

"This godfather." Loid said. "Comes out of nowhere to take him in? I suspect foul play."

Anya, rather wisely in her opinion, had not told him that Sirius had been in prison.

Wordlessly she buttered her toast.

Harry had semi-moved in with Sirius, his godfather, before he had to go to Hogwarts.

Due to legal matters, and discussions among his family, the transfer had been delayed for quite some time.

In short, Harry would be leaving the Dursley for school, but once he returned he would be living with Sirius.

"Yes, that is rather strange." Yor said. "But rather good for him, don't you think? To get out of that house."

Anya privately agreed.

For once all of them seemed to be on the same page.

None of them had ever much liked the Dursleys.

"Perhaps we should have them over for Christmas." Yor said aloud.

"Next door to the Dursleys?" Anya asked, outraged.

"No, we should go to the godfather's place." Yor said quickly. "If he would have us, that is?"

It was an interesting question.

Sirius had had his hands full moving back into his old family home.

He had sacked his old house-elf and had spent a fortune rebuilding his home to remove all of his family's old things.

Anya had no idea what a wizarding house looked like: It may very well be completely impossible to invite her parents over.

"I'll have to ask." Anya said.

And ask she did.

Her next letter to Harry posed the question, and she quickly received a response.

"They'll have us over for Christmas." She said.

"His friends from school will be there and everything."

"Isn't that lovely?" Yor asked, as she cast a glance at her husband.

He nodded, his lips set.

At this point he had accepted that his daughter now had a boyfriend. "It'll be nice to see how he's getting on."