Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Just as quickly as Harry Potter had entered her life, he was gone.

They had spent the remainder of the summer together, a little apprehensive about what Harry going to Hogwarts would mean for their friendship.

Anya could tell that Harry was very happy to be away from the Dursleys ten months out of the year, but a part of him dearly would miss Anya and her family.

"Do you know anything about this school of his, Anya?" Mama asked her, over a breakfast that her Father had prepared for them.

"Mr. Dursley is telling everyone that he's going to a school for Criminal Boys... St. Brutus, I think it's called."

"No, that's not true." Anya said. "It's an... um... exclusive private school that his parents signed him up for."

Harry had not been allowed to tell Anya anything about Hogwarts.

She only knew about it due to her telepathy.

Harry had been unable to think of anything else for the entire summer, and as a result she knew just as much about the school as he did.

Hagrid had come by to tell her parents that the school had Harry's best interests at heart and promised that they would take very good care of him.

Loid did not seem entirely assured, pressuring Hagrid on several key points until he was forced to excuse himself, but Yor had bought the story wholesale.

"You will write him, won't you?" Yor asked.

"If he writes me, first." Anya said. "I don't know the address."

"I'm sure you won't have to wait long." Loid said, as he set his glass down on the table. "I'm sure he misses you."

She received her first letter that very night.

A beautiful, snow white owl came gliding into her window like a ghost.

Anya nervously pulled the letter tied to her leg, gave the bird a tentative pat, and asked that it stay while she drafted a response.

The Owl hooted, and stood by as Anya read a note from Harry.

How he had met a boy named Ron Weasley on the train, how he had been sorted into Gryffindor House, and how he was now living in a castle.

She read the letter, wondering just how much of the letter was true.

There was no mention of magic or wizards, which she knew must exist.

Harry wasn't being entirely forthcoming about what was happening in his life, but since he wasn't here talking about it in person, she was not able to read his mind and get the full story.

The thought kind of annoyed her.

She hated things being kept from her.

Growing up with telepathic powers had really given her a sense that she deserved to know about everything around her. If she couldn't read Harry's mind, she would need to be a little bit more creative when it came to getting her answers.

Dear Harry,
My new school doesn't send nearly as interesting as yours. I wish I could go to school in a great big castle. Even Eden Academy wasn't quite a Castle, and that was the premier educational facility in Ostania.

I'm doing well. I'm going back to private school now, and I must say I HATE how strict they are. If I got into a fight here, I would probably be kicked out.

You need to tell me all about the Castle, the Houses, the students, all of it.

She added a few more questions about the castle, said hello to Harry's new friend Ron, and told him that she thought the owl was beautiful.