Part 3

I made my way back to my lonely and dark apartment, changing my clothes and sitting in a corner. I wasn't sure why I was crying, maybe it was because of Aomine-kun, or maybe it was an accumulation of the entire year's sorrows. I crawled toward my bag and took out my cell phone, dialing the familiar number on my speed dial. "Hey! I'm not here right now. But leave a message and I'll call you back! Thank you!" *Beep* I sighed, and redialed the same number. Again, and again. Anything to hear my mother again.

After I was all cried out, I washed my face and crawled into my bed. It took me some time, but eventually I slept.

*Buzz* *Buzz*

I woke up suddenly, looking around for the source of my sudden misery. It was my cell phone. I gave it a death glare, the type of glare which, had it been alive, would make it wither up in fear. Grumbling crossly, I picked it up. There were four texts, two from an unknown number and the rest from Kise-kun.

-Unknown Number- 'Hey'

-Kise Ryota- '[Name]-cchi! Are you okay? You ran away! I felt soooo bad!'

-Unknown Number- 'Sorry'

-Kise Ryota- '[Name]-cchi!! REPLY! You're making me cry!! *sob* *sob*'

I rolled my eyes at Kise-kun's dramatic texts, and wondered who the unknown number was. My mind raced through all the people I knew, but I had basically all their numbers. Besides, why would they text without declaring who they were.

I replied to Kise-kun asking him not to worry and that the reason I hadn't replied was because I had slept already. Then I replied to the unknown number, 'Who is this?' It was 3 a.m, so I didn't expect any replies from either. I laid back on my bed, only to spring back up because of a buzzing from my cell phone. I frowned as I picked it up.

-Unknown Number- 'Nevermind. Wrong number.'

My eyebrows scrunched together as I shrugged and went back to sleep.

Time seems to speed up when we sleep and so when my alarm began ringing, it felt as though I'd slept for a mere five minutes instead of the three hours I'd actually slept. Cursing out loud, I threw off my covers and began stretching exercises. Then came my usual bout of yoga, after all I was a model. Being fit was one of the unfortunate requisites. I completed my daily chores, and was ready by 7:30 a.m. I applied some make-up to mask my dark circles, making sure no one would realize that I had cried.

I let out a breath, and walked out of my apartment, making my way to Kaijo. Just another day. Except today was the day I would meet the seniors of the dance club. Dance was something I'd always liked, it was fun. And my mother was fond of it too. I'd decided to honor her memory by dancing for her, and so I enrolled for the club on my first day.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat behind me, and I turned around to find a certain tanned basketball player looking everywhere except at me. I rolled my eyes and bounced towards him, lifting my palm and waving it in his face. I had forgiven him already, I didn't mind that he hadn't said sorry. Or maybe he had, but he was too tsundere to own up. I rolled my eyes when he turned to me and said, "what?" I shook my head, "Were you the one who texted me at 3 a.m?" I asked bluntly. He looked a little surprised, "No." He said gruffly. "Oh? Alright then. See you." I said, turning away. I wanted him to say that he did. I mean, seriously! How tsundere can a huge basketball player get!?

"W-Wait! OI!" He called. I stopped and turned around, quirking my eyebrows questioningly. He looked away, "Yeah, I did." I smiled slightly, "Forgiven." I said, making him look up slightly. I shrugged, "Okay then I'll be on my way. Gotta get to school." With that, I turned and walked away.

I wasn't sure why, but I was... happy. For the first time in the past few months. It was a good change. I even smiled when Kise-kun enthusiastically shook me like a salt shaker, saying, "You worried me too much, [Name]-cchi. Don't do that ever again! Don't make me cry!" I nodded at him, assuring him that I wouldn't make him cry. At least that day.

Finally, the time had come, my first meeting with the dance club! I ran to the auditorium, only stopping when I reached the place. I took a deep breath and walked in, not wanting to look like an idiot.

The auditions went on for a long time. When my name was finally called, I went up on the stage, and took a deep breath before I began my routine. My dance was all about, well, fun. I twirled and whirled around on the stage, trying my best not to laugh out loud. My grin was huge, huge enough to scare people, though they seemed to think it was my charm. They'd asked us to prepare a routine. A mere two days ago, so I'd used a dance that my mother had taught me as it was something I was well-versed with.

It went on smoothly, and everyone enthusiastically clapped for me. I accepted the applause with a flourish, mainly because I believed in 'winning with style'. As I walked out, one of the seniors, Miyano-senpai, congratulated me on getting through, even though the results weren't out. I laughed and thanked him.

I couldn't help being happy, dance always made me this way. I was skipping on my way home, when it suddenly began raining heavily. I shook my head, shooting a thought to the guy upstairs, 'Nope. This isn't going to dampen my happiness either.' I didn't have an umbrella, so I just stood in the rain and got soaked. I smiled and began dancing in the rain. Anything to help me forget, help me focus on anything but my sadness and frustration with life.

My rain dance came to an abrupt end when someone yanked me out of the rain and under an umbrella. I jerked away and turned to the baka who did it, "What is your problem!?" "My problem? What's wrong with you? You'll catch a cold!" Aomine-kun yelled back. I blinked, my eyes narrowing suspiciously. "Are you stalking me?" "I have better things to do that stalk some girl." He retorted. It hurt, but I kept it aside, not expecting anything less than a hurtful remark from the great Aomine-kun. "Well, then go away." "You'll catch a cold." "I don't care. I want to dance in the rain." "Don't be stupid." "Stup-Heeeyy!" I squealed, as he yanked me by the forearm. He didn't let go until he reached my apartment, with me in tow. I was whining and growling at him all the way. Stupid baka. He pointed at the apartment, "Get in." I crossed my arms, "No." Veins popped on his face, and he gripped my again by my forearm and dragged me up. "Hey. Aomine-baka, how do you know where my place is?" He froze slightly, but continued on his way without answering. "I asked you a question." I said snarkily. He reached my door, "Open it. Get in." He turned to go, but I ended up asking where he wanted to stay over since it was raining pretty heavily. I'd had guys over a lot of times, and not for innocent let's-do-our-homework visits, so I was okay with him staying over. Not that we'd do anything.

He looked out the window at the end of the corridor, "Okay." We got in, and I proceeded to take a shower since he'd already foiled my I-shall-dance-in-the-rain plan. I dressed in my jammies and got out, drying my hair. I was sitting in the living room, watching tv, as he entered. He was dressed only in a towel that covered his lower half. I blinked. I'd thought he was hot. But this was, well, beyond hot. Amazing collar-bones, wash-board abs, the works. He shot the typical dialogue that all hot characters in a novel say, "Take a picture. It'll last longer." I rolled my eyes, not taking my eyes off him, "Why should I when the real thing is right in front of me?" He laughed, and sat down next to me. I couldn't help but glare at him at that, "Wear some clothes!! And the towel is wet! Get up!" I screeched. He merely rolled his eyes and leaned back on the sofa, infuriating me. I was about to screech at the baka more when he suddenly threaded his fingers in my hair and pulled me towards him, giving me a kiss on the mouth. I struggled for a few seconds, then I went 'you know what, what the hell' and I kissed him back.

Contrary to my previous thoughts, it didn't stop right there.