Between The Lines

Start from the beginning

Ice mages, in possession of artifacts containing aether, I wouldn't be surprised if house Aurae were more than just deviants of frost.

"The office is one of the oldest rooms of the manor, such to an extent that my knowledge of its construction is but tales of old. What I only know is that it was refurbished." He responded, turning the doorknob and pushing gently.

||Varay Aurae||

I continued to walk the halls of the manor's corridor, my steps echoing out hollow clicks before being dampened by the furry carpet that lined my father's side of the house. I distinctly remember running around here with Marshall due to how our feet would feel like they were sinking on clouds, fun times.

My eyes peer at the courtyard through the windows on the left. There was Madam Herta, always tending to the plants ever since she stepped foot in our home. The place was currently vacant, with the marbled roundtable only accompanied by the two chairs tucked under it. Flowers and shrubs filled the pots that were hanging on the walls, Mother personally picked which ones Madam Herta should plant. 

I hear the hinges of a door open, and my head quickly swivels to the origin of the sound. Three men exit from Father's office, I didn't know we had guests today.

"Good afternoon, pardon my intrusion." I greet them with a curtsy as soon as they notice my presence.

"Good afternoon, as well, Lady Varay." Alexander returned the gesture by bowing, prompting Grey to do the same.

"What brings you here, Varay?" Father inquired, closing the door behind him.

"I wanted to wander around, I was not informed that we have the Hierghunds visiting us."

"I have forgotten to inform you, rather I withheld from doing so. You were very much focused on your training." He pointed out. I tucked a smile in return.

"It was a pleasure to have an auspicious meeting with you, milord." Alexander wedged in as the conversation felt like it was going nowhere.

"No need for such pleasantries, I shall escort you myself." Father insisted with a hearty laugh. It looks like their affairs really went well.

Grey and I met gazes as the two men talked to each other, his inflexible eyes softened while we exchanged a long stare. His golden eyes glowed dimly as we telepathically talked with one another. He always has this enigmatic aura radiating around him, which is made more apparent with his reserved demeanor he wore the same apparel as he did the week prior, this time with a maroon vest.

"Sir Alexander, I have a request, if you don't mind," I called out, reeling the attention of both men.

"This old man would not mind, Lady Varay." He responded, bowing his head.

"I invite Grey to accompany me for some afternoon tea," I stated to the two, my eyes locked on Father.

"I would leave that decision up to my son, Lady Varay." He humbly passed.

"I accept your invitation,"

||Grey Hierghund||

'Follow me' Varay's expression implied as she turned around, walking away. I only followed, letting her lead the way. 

"Well then, in the meantime, let us visit the manor's library," Reoite suggested, reeling in Father's attention, "Since our affair has extended its due."

Their voices became fainter as we turned to a corner, my steps now clicking as the line of carpet ended. It was as lavish. it seems like the people who built the entire manor poured their heart and soul into it, I wonder how taxing it is to maintain such a grandiose estate.