【 Mother knows best 】Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"It's because you have so many layers of clothing and a huge fur scarf in summer." Haru laughed and (Y/n) just huffed.

"I see, will you take me home? I um... dont know the way." (Y/n) looked away embarrassed.

"Hahaha of course this way!" Haru said laughing, leading him back home. "Why are you never outside with the other kids?" he asked as they both walked.

"Mother says I must stay beautiful to be a sacrifice for our village deity!" (Y/n) smiled and clasped his hands together. "Mother told me it's my one true purpose and when I meet him I'll fulfill that purpose and the life of my dreams will be mine!" He said happily with stars in his eyes. Haru nodded his head.

"My older sister was Given to the deity last year. She was one of the most beautiful in our village and she made us all so proud!" Haru shouted happily and full of pride.

"Really! I mean... I will be even more of a beauty then any woman in our village Mother says so and mothers word is law!" (Y/n) said happily.

"Honestly I can tell you're gonna grow into a great beauty! Though I'm going to be sad when you leave, I consider you my friend!" Haru happily said handing (Y/n) the parasol.

"Oh thank you, wait friends! Really!" (Y/n) shouted happily and shocked.

"Yup I'll talk to you later bye bye!" Haru shouted happily, running off and leaving (Y/n) at his door. (Y/n) smiled and walked inside, closing his parasol. He tried his best to be quiet but his mother was standing there waiting for him. She had a scowl and a paddle in her hands.

"M-mother it's not what it looks like I promise!" (Y/n) shouted backing away. His mother grabbed his arm and dragged him up the stairs (Y/n) started to cry and beg.

"You stupid boy! I've told you time and time not to go outside! I've been gentle with you but now! Now you've taken it to far you stupid boy!" she threw him on the floor.

"Mother please just not my face please don't strike my face!" (Y/n) shouted covering his face with his arms.

"Im not stupid!" his mother shouted angrily.

(Y/n)'s mother punished (Y/n) for an hour when she was done he was black and blue everywhere other than the neck up. He laid on his bed unable to move let alone cry. One of his maids came in to address his wounds. She was mortified but said nothing and just applied ointments to him. He was bed written for a week and Haru was getting worried. He snuck into (Y/n)'s estate to see him. He was absolutely disgusted about his current state.

"(Y/n)...?" Haru whispered when he saw (Y/n)'s bruised body.

"Haru! You need to leave, mother will be home soon and if she sees you she'll punish me again!" (Y/n) shouted angrily then winced in pain. Haru ran to help him.

"Your mother did this?" he exclaimed worriedly. (Y/n) looked away sadly.

"She didn't touch my face so it doesn't matter. I broke the rules and was punished. It's my fault." He whispered sadly.

"But it's still not right!" Haru shouted.

"It is now out. I don't want another beating." (Y/n) sternly said. Haru sighed and left for the door. "I'm glad I was able to spend one day outside thank you..." he whispered so quietly not even Haru heard it.

Haru left (Y/n) there and never saw him again for 8 years. After 8 years he was taken outside and everyone admired his beauty. More gorgeous than the sun and moon he could change the rain to shine if he asked the gods to. They already had a sacrifice ready but once they were presented with (Y/n) they changed their minds. for 2 days he was given freedom before having to be given to the village deity. In those two days he spent in the forest he was running and looking around freely for the first time. In the time he spent in the forest he met a young child. She had fallen and was crying while a little green imp was shouting at her.

"Girl! Are you hurt?" He said rushing to her side. She hushed for a minute looking stunned at (Y/n)'s beauty through a veil covering his face.

"You what are you doing here get away from her!" the little green imp shouted running at (Y/n). (Y/n) got scared and punted the imp like a football.

"It's a demon imp! Did it hurt you?" (Y/n) asked lifting the girl in his arms to protect her while the imp groaned in pain.

"No I just tripped, sorry to worry you! But the Imp is my companion so don't worry!" the girl said happily. She then looked away and said "Miss you are very beautiful... even with the veil on I can tell you're pretty." (Y/n) covered his mouth with his long sleeve to hold in his laugh. The young girl looked confused tilting her head.

"I am not a woman, my child." He giggled putting her down

"Huh! Really?" Rin said Surprised.

"Yes it's true." (Y/n) humbly explained.

"Rin! You need to stay away from that man, lord Sesshomaru will not be happy with you talking to strangers." Jaken shouted returning from the brush waving the stick of two heads around.

"Quiet stupid imp." (Y/n) kicked the imp away once more, sending him into the forest again.

"My name's Rin, what's yours!" Rin said, smiling, ignoring Jaken.

"My name is Itsuki (Y/n)." (Y/n) smiled back, kindly fixing his veil.

"That's such a pretty name it suits you so much!" She gushed while making small talk.

"Thank you Rin." (Y/n) thanked Rin happily.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Rin asked, pointing at (Y/n)'s extravagant clothing.

"I'm getting married in a few hours." (Y/n) said, clasping his hands together in joy.

"Really they must be so sweet, are you in lots of love! When did you meet!" Rin happily grinned.

"I do not know. I was chosen by my village to be a sacrificial marriage to provide prosperity and good health! It's an honor above honors! I couldn't be happier..."

"Are you sure?" Rin asked quietly. Rin noticed (Y/n)'s voice didn't match his expression.

"Huh?" (Y/n) said, his eyes widening and smile fading.

"You don't look happy, more like you're trying to convince yourself you are." Rin sternly said, staring straight at (Y/n).

"... If you want you should come to the village and watch! I'll be presented before the whole village as kinda festival thing. Please come and watch... I'd love to see you there." (Y/n) Looked away with a nameless expression.

"What happens to those who get married to that deity?" Rin asked

"Mother said They are given the lives of their dreams and are so happy they never want to return." He said getting his things together to leave. Sesshomaru walked up, seeing Rin and (Y/n).

"Rin." Sesshomaru said plainly. Rin got up and Ran to his side. (Y/n) lifted his sleeve to his face covering his light blush. Sesshomaru was a very good looking man though his face was stone cold. (Y/n) quickly felt his feelings were wrong so he bowed and left.