🦇| Intro |🦇

I'm a detective. For how long? Probably a few years now. I've arrested a few crooks, yes. Some even tried to flirt with me. Though I wasn't taking their slimy offers.

Anyway, I was called into the office by my boss. He had a special assignment for me. "Ah, Ms. (L/N)! Come on in! I have a special special for you that you might like. Very interesting." Interesting, hm? I sat down in a chair and lit up a cigarette. "Lay it on me, boss." I roll my eyes.

"Well, brace yourself, missy." my boss said, sarcastically. "I'm already braced, boss. What's the deal?" He sighs. "Okay." He drops a file in front of me filled of papers.

"You're on a mission... to interview Count Dracula. Investigate his castle, and maybe some of his old artifacts."

My heart drops. "The hell...?" I thought this old bloodsucking vampire man doesn't exist. Nor does he? Because if he did or... if he existed years ago, he might be dead. I don't believe it. "Boss..." I said. "There's no way that horrible excuse of a man exists."

"But you're the perfect woman for the job, Ms. (L/N)! I'm sure you can handle it!" I laugh at my boss. "Me??? The perfect one for the job???"

I stand up. "I'm sorry. But there's no way I'm investigating a dead man. I'm opting out." I started to walk out, but my boss stops me with saying this:

"However, (Y/N)... there were reports of women being bitten on their necks. Most of them are deceased. That is why I assigned you to it."

I turn to him, looking dead in his face. I can't out of all people, he assigned me to participate in this... 'special assignment'. "You start your assignment tomorrow evening around 8. If you bring any items back to my office, or something hella interesting that is gonna be breaking news, you'll be famous. So... good luck!"

I sigh and took the file. I left and head back to my office. I look through the file. There were photos of women who have bite marks on their neck, and blood streams. Yep. They are indeed vampire bites, though I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it was an animal. Oh, who am I to believe?

Well, I am a detective, and it looks like I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. And if this vampire is still alive, to this day, I will do everything I can to expose him.

But first, I need a couple of items...

🦇 | Timeskip: At Your House, 8:19 PM | 🦇

I came back home after bumbling around to pick up some things:

- Two hammers
- Two wooden stakes
- A cross necklace and bracelet
- Two bottles of holy water
- A pocket knife
- A mace
- A choker

Just to be on the safe side... just in case.

Now. If this Count Dracula is real, I don't know how to react. Probably scared, but brave. But remember...

He bites.

Probably to him, he'll think I'm easy because I'm a 'helpless' female. And naïve. Aw, come on. I'm not that stupid. That man has really done some horrible shit. Excuse my language. He bites your neck and suck your blood. He kills, then toss you away in a ditch, like he has no further use of you anymore.

Vampire divorce, right?

Whatever. I place all of the items in a small bag. I then place it in a briefcase, along with the file. I put away the briefcase and start to get ready for bed. I hear a strange noise from outside. I went to my window. I watch a black horse carriage walking pass. Once it got in front of my house, it stops. In front of the carriage, there was a man dressed in all black and in a top hat.

He slowly look at me.

The only thing I saw was his furrowed eyes.

Slightly freaked out, I quickly close the curtains. I step back. "The hell was that???" I quickly run downstairs to the front door, double checking if it was locked. Thank god it was. However I notice a shadow reflection from the window.

I stare at the door.

My heartbeat started to race. I slowly went up to the spy glass and look through...

The stranger was standing in front of my door!

I jump back and ran upstairs to my room. I lock the door. Then I went to my window and lock it tight. I peek out the window. The stranger in black went back to his carriage and left. Thank god.

'Don't tell me that was... No, it can't be. Impossible.'

Then I have to prepare for this 'special assignment'.

Ugh.

Guess I won't be sleeping peacefully tonight...