The Opening Challenge - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Kia!" Parker called at the sight of the girl sitting at a table with a group of students. 

"We all are heading to the gym wanna come?" Daniel asks holding up a basketball.

"You know I do." She said beginning to clean up her stuff. "Hold on." She says, stopping Daniel and Parker from leaving "on one condition." She walked over a few seats where Alex was sitting. "He comes too." The two boys just rolled their eyes at her while she stood there smiling.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked her.

"Trust me I know how to work these boys." She answered confidently while Parker and Daniel talked it over.

"He's totally not coming right?" Parker whispered to his captain.

"If coach sees us all together leaving Alex out, he's gonna know we're doing it intentionally. Besides Coach really likes Alex." Daniel explains.

"You're right." Parker sighs.

"Fine. You both can come." Daniel says annoyed.

"Good. We'll be down in a minute." Kiara smiled before marching off to the girls dorms to change. Alex did the same and waited outside the clubhouse for her.

"Okay seriously what are you doing?" He asked again as they walked towards the gym.

"Relax, play your game, and let me work my magic." She says still confident. Alex, still left confused by her actions, still kept wondering what she was doing.

All the Eagles met up in the gym, after lacing up their shoes, divided up into teams, Kiara made sure that she and Alex were on the same team, but that ended up being the same as Daniel and Parker. Kiara stood at the top of the arc, and dribbled the ball calmly as Daniel cut to the basket calling for the ball, instead Kiara took the ball herself, drawing two defenders, dumping the ball to Alex in the corner, he easily drained the shot. Daniel rolled his eyes while Kiara just shot Alex a smile. She took shots herself, but continued to feed Alex balls, even more as he caught onto what she was doing. She would often times be ignoring Parker or Daniels calling for the ball in order to make Alex look good. The players took a water brake, and while Kiara sat down, taking a drink of her Gatorade and adjusting her brace, Alex came and sat down next to her.

"Well at least I know what you meant by 'work your magic.'" He said drawing her attention.

"I'm a point guard". She says. "My job is to make you, the shooting guard look good."

"Well you aren't looking to give the ball to anybody else but me." He pointed out.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." She said, twisting the cap back on the bottle, walking back out to the court.

"I hate doing it to her, but we have to sit Kia down." Daniel whispered to Parker in the other end of the bench.

"Yeah I don't know what has gotten into her." Parker says as Daniel waves over another Eagle, Seth.

"Kia. Seths going to sub in for you." Daniel says. Kiara and Alex exchanged a worried glance while she opened her mouth to protest, but they insisted and started playing again, disregarding her still being on the court. Alex tried to stay with it, calling for balls from both Parker and Daniel, being flat out denied both times. 

"Come on what are you in the third grade." Alex asked while Parker pretended to throw a ball to Alex.

"Oh they hate you in the third grade too?" Daniel laughs. "All right bro here," Daniel chucked the ball, obnoxiously hard into Alex's chest. "Ooh, that hurt?"

"Fine." Alex said, dishing the ball back.

"You sure?" Daniel asks again. "I mean you can cry if you want we're all friends here." Alex shrugged off the comments and got back to playing. Until Daniel went up for a shot, running threw Alex, who was still on his team to get to the basket, knocking him to the floor. Kiara had still been watching from the bench, and had enough of Daniels crap. She stood up to say something until she noticed Hayley had made her way to the gym, marching onto the court.