A Day Off - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

"All right then, we'll let you know as soon as the test run is ready to be initiated." Judy says, still on the phone with she and Marcus's 'client.'

"3:16." The voice says.

"Excuse me?" Judy asks.

"The time of your test is going to be exactly 3:16 p.m." The voice clarifies.

"Got it." She nods. "3:16 it is."

"I'll be looking for a nice little earthquake at that time." It says. "If you succeed, your payment will be wired to your account by 3:17. Good luck"

"What do you know about this client?" Marcus asks after the phone disconnects.

"I know that he pays generously and on time." Judy answers.

"Judy, this guy pays us to have control over earthquakes." Marcus reminds her, like she could have forgotten.

"Earthquakes happen all the time Marcus. Okay?" Judy says. "This little one today is gonna pay us five million dollars each. The next one's gonna pay us ten times that."

"We're doing something terrible Judy."

"All I care about is that Daniel and his future family will never have to worry about money. Same thing with your kids."

—————

"What are you doing?" Brooke asks after walking up on her boyfriend going through her locker.

"Your locker was open and this fell out." Daniel held up the book. "Hey, you did read this book. You even took notes. You and Kiara." Daniel points out their signatures.

"Must have slipped my mind?" Brooke shrugs.

"But how? You have the best memory of anyone I know." Daniel asks.

"I already said I was sorry, Daniel. I'm human. I made a mistake." Brooke says.

"It's not that, I don't care about the stupid quiz." Daniel says, Brooke kisses the side of his cheek.

"Good." She says. "The most important thing is that we're back together. We were meant to be you know?"

—————

The ravens were all in the cafeteria, excitedly packing for their day off at the beach. Max was busy packing up a picnic basket while Jackie was talking with him.

"A whole day at the beach. I haven't had a day off since I got here." She says, while Max tries to put a textbook in his basket. "No! No, you don't." Jackie takes the book from him. " A day off means a day off. What's up Max? Is it Emma?"

"She barely even talked to me when I called." Max says. "She sounded like a robot. It was like she was upset I even called."

"Maybe she's got a lot to deal with, you know?" Jackie suggests. "You know with her mom being sick?"

"Thats the thing, if her mom was so sick Emma had to leave the Greenhouse, then why was she dancing and having so much fun at the dance?" Max asks. "It doesn't make any sense."

"Maybe she just wanted to have one good last time before she left?" She suggests again.

"Maybe." Max sighs.

"Max, I know you miss her, but you are overthinking this." Jackie reminds him. "You have to let it go." Max tried to sneak the book in his basket, Jackie quickly snatched it away again. The two had no clue Jason was at a near by table, pretending to read, but instead listened to every word.

—————

The Eagles, who didn't have the day off, were either in class, or in he clubhouse in between their classes. Sophie and her cheerleaders that had a free period, were going over new choreography in the middle of the clubhouse.