L.D.R - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

"It is brilliant! You organized such a cool do! Nobody in London does this anymore." Aspen says looking around at the dance. "Good job, Lee."

"Actually the Eagles put it together." Leo responds with a sad tone. 

"I'm Hayley." Hayley says to insert herself in the conversation. "And you?"

"Hi! I'm Aspen. So nice to meet."

"Aspen and I pretty much grew up together." Leo starts to explain. "We've known each other since we were five, right?"

"We're childhood sweethearts." Aspen continues with hearts in her eyes. "My dad's a diplomat and my family moved to LA when I was in kindergarten. And it was a nightmare at first, but then I met this guy. Do you know how many songs he's written for me?" 

"No, how many?" Hayley asks barely looking at them at this point. 

"Hundreds maybe?" Aspen answers her own question. "Anyway, my lifelong dream, was to study singing at the London Conservatory. So we decided to have and LDR."

"LDR?" Hayley asks, absolutely not amused. 

"Long Distance Relationship." Aspen answers. "You know it's really ironic, is that it was me who suggested he apply to this school in the first place. Isn't that funny?"

"Hilarious." Hayley mumbles before walking towards the door. 

"I am so sorry." Alex says turning to Kiara. "But I really need to-"

"Hey no apologies necessary, go help your sister." Kiara jumps in. 

"Thank you. I'll be back I promise." Alex responds before running after his sister

—————

"So she's Leo's girlfriend?" Alex says after he and Hayley found a bench outside to sit on away from the school. "Hey stop it, he's not worth it."

"I just don't understand how he could've kept something like this from me."

"What don't you understand, he thought he could have you both." Alex explains.

"Just when things were going perfectly." Hayley complains. "Then she showed up. You should have seen the look on Leo's face when he saw that Aspen girl. It was like he saw a ghost."

"What a jerk." Alex says. "If you want I can go beat him up for you."

"Don't you think you've picked enough fights for one night?" Hayley laughs. 

"Uh.. Yeah you may have a point there." Alex says. 

"You know, I don't need this. I want to go home." Hayley says before Alex puts his arm around his sister. 

"You're not going anywhere. You hear me?" Alex says. After a few seconds they noticed something walking down a path towards the water. "Is that Daniels mom? Look what is she doing over there?"

"Maybe she's after you." Hayley teases. 

"Oh, very funny." Alex responds.

"You did just happen to spend the whole night with his girlfriend." Hayley reminds her brother. 

"Okay it looks a lot worse than it actually is." Alex explains. "Brooke wasn't having any fun with Daniel, so Kia brought her out onto the dance floor so she wasn't alone. It had nothing to do with me."

"Yeah speaking of which, you should go back, you kinda ditched your date. I'll be fine." Hayley says.

"Come on." Alex says getting up. "Come on, get up. The prettiest girl at the Greenhouse is not going to bed before ten o'clock." Hayley sighs and gets up to walk with her brother.