Captain Material - Part 1

(3rd person POV)

"Guys look who's back!" Brooke cheers entering the Eagles clubhouse with  Daniel behind her. The Eagles clubhouse all cheered running to greet their captain. Kiara heard the cheers from the locker room, where she was with Alex who was helping her shove everything back in after she tore it apart when she figured out what Daniel did. They left the locker rooms to go join the group, walking into Sophie with her Louie camera on Daniel asking, 

"Although it's good to be back at the greenhouse, for Daniel Hayward, the question remains, is he still our captain?"

"Guys, I am, and always will be, your captain." Daniel says proudly. 

"No way in hell Daniel is still captain." Kiara scoffed quietly to Alex as they approached the group near the door.

"But we heard Louis told you that you needed-" Sophie began before Daniel cut her off.

"Louis was just a little upset about everything that happened, my mom will talk some sense into him." Daniel reassured his team.

"Relax guys." Parker says to back up his friend, "our captain, will never let us down. Cmon let's get on the game see if you still got it."

"Oh I still got it Parker." Daniel laughed as they began to walk towards the couches.

"Eagles!" Louis says entering the room. "I know these last few days have been chaotic for everyone, but everything will return to normal as soon as you select a new captain."

"Whoa wait, did my mom talk to yet?" Daniel asked.

"I cannot overlook your lapse of judgement." Louis says. "This has been a very difficult decision to make. And I want to thank Daniel for his service. Your new captain has some very big shoes to fill. So you should vote for a new captain immediately." 

"Knew it." Kiara whispered as Louis left the room, leaving everyone stunned.

————

Daniel was busy being mad at the world in the locker room when Brooke walked in.

"You okay, babe?" She asks.

"You know who built this locker room?" Daniel asked in return. "After all my mother did for this school your dad just spits in her face."

"I'm really sorry." Brooke says.

"Don't be!" Daniel says angrily. "Talk to him!"

"You know that won't do any good." Brooke tries to reason with him.

"And I thought you were on my side." Daniel says turning back around to the lockers.

"I am." Brooke adds, "I'm just saying it could have gone much worse. You could have bee expelled!"

"I wish I was!" Daniel said. "It would have been less humiliating! You know what? I just really want to be alone right now. Brooke left the room annoyed with her boyfriend, and Kiara took the opportunity as it came. Daniel slammed his locker before sitting down in the benches as Kiara stood in the doorway. "Did you not here me say I want to be alone right now?" Daniel asked when he noticed her there.

"Yeah I did, but I don't really care what you want right now." She says as calm as possible sitting on the opposite end of the bench. "So Brooke told me about the medicine she saw in your locker, and you know the way she described it sounded a lot like the medicine I had in my locker, which, coincidentally, has gone missing." Daniel looked sideways at her, knowing he was caught. "So here's the thing, if you haven't connected all the dots yet, I know it was you. I don't care how you got in my locker right now, but I do hope you understand this. You had, zero right to be upset with Brooke about getting in your locker, when you had stole things from mine."