Pilot - Part 2

(3rd persons POV)

Kiara had snuck away back to the club house changed into shorts and grabbed her basketball bag before heading to the gym where the coach of the basketball team coach Davis, was giving the Eagles applicants their tryout while the headmaster Louis Osmond and his son, the dean of the school, Jason Osmond watched on. Kiara had taken a ball from the rack and was shooting around on the end of the court not being used while Coach Davis was working with a kid, who was clearly more Raven material than Eagles material. Coach Davis was always cool with Kiara hanging around his team, occasionally jumping in for a scrimmage. She had never asked the question, but she often wondered what would happen if she asked to join the team. Coach Davis had enough of the kid he was working with, so he sent him on his way before looking down at the clipboard in his hand for the next kid in-line.

"Alex, Alex Woods. Your up." Alex had been waiting on the far side of the bleachers and came around the corner from the end where Kiara was shooting. Not paying attention to the boy walking down the sideline to his tryout, she drained a three point shot, well behind the three point line, catching Alexs eye.

"Damn, nice shot." Alex said to her, also recognizing her from early that day.

"Thanks." She said, flashing a small smile before running to grab her ball. Alex continues his way down to the other end of the court, Louis and Jason looking on. Alex's ball-handling skills and speed he used to get by the coach who was defending him, pulled Kiaras attention from the other end. She racked her ball, walked down the court and settled into the front row of the bleachers with her Gatorade for a better view at the boys tryout. Coach Davis eventually put Alex through shooting drills when Alex linked together almost twenty shots in a row without a miss Hayley cheered for her brother from the top of the bleachers.

"Nice job Alex." Louis said from the table with his son. Alex smiled at the compliment from the headmaster before draining another shot.

"Four hundred?" Kiara heard Daniels voice say as they came down from the bleachers above her. "Are you sure?"

"Four hundred." Parker confirms.

"But how! We gave him all the answers and you get four hundred just for signing your name." Daniel says annoyed.

"That blew up in your face now didn't it." Kiara giggles, listing in on their conversation.

"Oh shut up Kia." Parker snaps while Alex hits another three. This time Kiara claps and smiles while she keeps count of how many shots he makes in her head. Coach Davis passed Alex back the ball while he noticed Kiara clapping for his shot, and Hayley clapping as well. 

"What are you clapping for?" Daniel asked in a bad mood kind of tone. Kiara just motions at Alex who was laser focused on every shot he made. 

"This kid can shoot. Thirty made shots in a row." Kiara said, still watching Alex shoot.

"No way." Daniel said, still not impressed. Daniel then went the table Louise and Jason were sitting at, to try and persuade Louis to accept Tyler. Louis quickly shut him down while Alex hit yet another shot. Louis and Jason both clapped for his performance, Kiara as well, just annoying Daniel even more. 

"Hey new kid, you up for some one on one?" Daniel asked Alex.

"Sure." Alex answered, welcoming the opportunity. Louis and Jason were pleased with his offer, however Kiara knew Daniel to well, and knew that he was up to something. He threw his jacket off to the side while Alex's sister yelled from above,

"Yeah Alex! You got this!" Alex checked the ball to Daniel, on defense first, not letting Daniel go anywhere. Alex eventually stole the ball hitting a shot right over Daniels arm.