Chapter 3

Wanda pov

The rest of the day wasn't really eventful, classes went on as normal and the werewolves were assigned theirs. As soon as Addison and I get home after school, our parents pull us into the living room to have a talk. They start explaining to us how we have to be even more careful at school and how we should be trying to avoid them as much as possible. Addison and I both agree with what they say, although we both know neither of us are actually going to avoid the werewolves.

The next day Addison and I are walking to school with Zed, Eliza, Bonzo, and Bree. Once we get there, we head straight for our lockers which happen to be next to each other. My first class of the day is math but I can't find my textbook anywhere.

"You guys go ahead," I tell my friends, "I'll see you guys later at lunch."

"Ok," Addison says, "See you later." They all walk away as I continue searching my locker for where my textbook could be. All of a sudden the doors at the end of the hall swing open and I see the werewolves walk in.

"These sheep just let us in," Willa says, "Ba-a-ad idea."

The beta, who I learned is Wyatt says, "Willa, we agreed to play nice."

"This is me playing nice," Willa responds. She then proceeds to use her claws to create scratch marks along the lockers. The bell then rings signalling for all of us to get to class, but as soon as the werewolves hear it, every single one of them howls before scattering to go to their classes.

After math I had two more classes before I could go meet up with my friends for lunch. We all sit at our usual table with Zed talking, once again, about his presidential campaign and how he needs to beat Bucky so monsters can go to Prawn.

"We need to get the werewolves' vote," he explains, "They're the swing vote. It could go either way as of right now." After he says this I see the werewolf pack head out of the cafeteria. I excuse myself from the table and quickly throw my garbage away before rushing out. I see the pack standing against the lockers a few meters away. There's nothing to be scared of, I tell myself, building up the confidence I need to talk to them. Doing it quickly before I change my mind I walk up to them and tap the girl with space buns on the shoulder.

She turns around and growls at me barring her fangs. I jump back in shock as the girl threatens, "You better watch where you're going." I stand there with a scared but also confused face.

The werewolf looks to Willa again and asks, "Too much?"

"Yes Wynter," Willa sighs. Wynter looks at me and apologizes for her recent actions.

"You're Wanda right? Addison's sister?" Willa questions me. 

I nod before adding, "Adopted."

"What do you want?" she asks me looking directly in my eyes.

"Um," I start, "I was just wondering if your hair was always like that. You know, with the bit of white in it."

The other werewolves in the pack look around and start whispering to each other as Willa replies, "Yes. We were all born with this. Why are you asking?"

"Well you see," I begin, untucking the white pieces of hair on the left side of my head, "I have the same thing as you guys. I was born with it too and I was just hoping that maybe I could get some answers." Willa doesn't respond and neither do any of the other werewolves until Wyatt points to my necklace.

"Where'd you get it?" he questions very harshly.

"I don't know," I respond, "I've had it for as long as I can remember and I've always been told never to take it off. I don't know why, but my parents get really mad the one time I've tried." Once I say this, the Wyatt, Willa and Wynter all give each other a look. Like I'm right here. If you need to say something to me just say it.

Before I can get anything out a sudden burst of pain in my chest appears and I start coughing. One of these attacks hasn't happened in a while and I thought it was because this time whatever medicine the doctors had me take was working. I guess not though because this seems to be the worst one yet. I slowly start to fall to the floor when all of a sudden I feel someone supporting me stay up. I look over to see Wyatt who rushed over and was supporting part of my body weight. I give him a look of thanks thanks before another wave of coughing occurs. He helps sit down on the floor as I lean my back against the lockers before he lets go of me to talk to Willa and Wynter.

I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down. When I look up I see the three wolves talking in a very hushed tone so no one can hear their conversation. I try to listen in from where I am sitting and although I do not catch the whole thing, I hear my name, the moonstone, and wolf. I don't know what exactly they're talking about, but they stop as soon as they see I'm looking at them.

"I was thinking-" Willa starts, but gets cut off as the bell rings.

"We should probably get going to class," I say, "You guys don't want to be late on your first day." I start trying to get up on my own when Wyatt rushes to my side.

"Here, let me help you," he says, "You, Wynter, and I have the same class next. The two of us can help you there."

"Uh sure," I respond.

"See you later Willa," Wynter calls out before following Wyatt and I to our last class of the day.

We were learning about the beginning of Seabrook as usual, like we do at the start of everyone no matter what grade you are in. It was so boring that I started zoning out again paying attention to literally anything else but the lecture. I looked over to Wyatt and Wynter and saw that them, along with the other wolves in the class were furious. I wasn't sure what about though. It was just history class. There's not that much to get mad about, well apart from the fact that we learn the same thing every year. Maybe I'll ask them about it later, because whatever it is seems to really be getting on their nerves.

Finally, after what felt like forever, the bell finally rung. I packed up my stuff went over to the Wyatt.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned.

"Sure," he replied.

"What were you and the rest of the wolves so worked up about that whole class?" We waited for Wynter before the three of us left the classroom together.

"It's just what they were teaching us is a complete lie. That isn't the history of Seabrook. Us werewolves were here long before any of the Seabrook settlers until they kicked us out of our own territory."

"Oh," I say, a little shocked by this, "I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know. That's just what they teach us every year." We continue walking until we see Willa and some of the other pack members.

"If you guys want to," I offer, "my sister, Addison, is leading cheer practice later. And I'm not on the team, but I'm going to watch. You guys can come too if you want."

"Maybe," Willa mumbles, "We will see."