6

After some time, I went to go check on him. I walked up to his door and began to knock on it gently. "Come on now..." I said a little annoyed. I looked at the door knob nervously.... And decided to just go in.

"If he didn't hear me, he was probably in the bath still" I whispered to myself. I opened the door suddenly and I regretted doing so.

My eyes widened as I looked at him. He was completely naked at wet. "Oh my!!! My apologies!!!" I said nervously. His eyes widened seeing me and I quickly turned around and walked away, closing the door behind me.

I felt my face getting hot and I had no idea what to do. I just invaded his privacy!!! I saw him completely naked!!! I'm a terrible person! I need to go into hiding, no one should ever see me again! No!!! Not even Alfred and Matthew. "Mr.Kirkland?" A voice spoke.

I suddenly snapped out of it and I looked over to a maid who was staring at me nervously. "are you okay? Your face is red, do you have a fever?" She asked worried. "No!!! Uh.... Don't worry about it, what did you need?" I asked nervously. "The food is ready like you asked...." She spoke politely. "Okay... we will be down soon.... Thank you" I answered.  The woman nodded and began to walk away from me worried.

I continued to compose myself as I waited for Francis to come out. Which he did within ten minutes. He looked at me shocked... probably because I was still standing there. "I'm so sorry for barging in..." I tried to say. He smiled at me and shook his head "does that mean all is forgiven?" I asked. He looked at me confused and thought for a moment.

He pointed a finger to himself, and then to me and then proceeded to give me a thumbs up. "Thank god" I said nervously. "There is good down stairs for you, but I'll sit with you" I explained. He continued to stare at me and I just went ahead and began to pull him down the stairs. His hair looked really nice wet like that....

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!!!

When we made it down the steps I continued to pull him towards the dining area. The staff opened the door for us and his eyes widened seeing all the food. "This is all I could do in such short notice" I said nervously. "C'est pour moi?" He asked. I knew exactly what he asked right there!!

"Yes!!" I answered with a smile. I urged him to take a seat and I sat beside him. "Here, eat as much as you'd like" I spoke. "Thank you... Arthur..." he spoke with a heavy accent. I don't know why, but I liked the way his voice sounded.

"You can all leave us alone now" I annoyed to the staff. They all nodded and Francis watched as they all started to leave. "Où vont-ils ?" He spoke.
I lifted a brow hearing him and nervously guess at what he asked "they are leaving us alone" I said confused. This was going to be extremely hard to do.

Maybe there were some French dictionaries in the library I could look at. I'm sure for a fact we had some English ones, but I wasn't sure about French.

I watched as he began to eat and he suddenly pointed to me and then to the food... followed be an eating gesture. "Ahhh!!! I'm not really hungry" I answered shaking my head.

He continued to eat and look at everything around him. "Arthur ...?" He spoke. I looked over to him with a lifted eyebrow and he smiled at me. "Arthur Kirkland..." he said. I nodded my head and smiled at him "yes that's me" I said pointing to myself."Oh......" he hummed.

"Vous n'êtes pas comme tout le monde dit que vous êtes... Vous êtes plus doux et gentil..." he smiled at me. I laughed nervously confused and just nodded my head. I didn't know what else to do besides that. I have to find someone who can speak French.

"You will stay here tonight.... Do you understand?" I asked. He looked at me nervously and shook his head confused. "Uhhhh you..." I pointed to him "will not leave" I pointed outside and shook my head. This must have been a wrong approach because he looked at me terrified. He probably thought I was going to kill him.

I took a deep breath out and pressed my hand against his cheek and back to his food. "Just finish eating first..." I said nervously. I guess I'll just drag him back to the guest room and act out him staying or something.

I looked back over to him and he looked so happy eating all the food. I wonder when the last time he ate was. I hope it wasn't a long time ago.... That would make me extremely sad.

I rested my chin in the palm of my head and watched him eat. I didn't want it to be weird at all.... He just seemed like an interesting person... one who I wanted to help out so badly.

He noticed my staring and nervously looked at me with a smile. I hardly know this man and he could be a crazy person.... But I just don't get that feeling at all. I feel like he was good at heart and had his own thing going on. I just want to make sure he is taken care of... I feel bad seeing homeless people. It doesn't make me feel good at all... knowing I live here and some people live on the streets. I've always been the charitable type of person.... Yet people still view me as some kind of heartless monster.

It honestly amazes me..... I really do my best to show that I care.... But all people see is some snobby rich kid.