15| THE DEMOGORGON

Chapter Fifteen 

Chapter Fifteen 

The Demogorgon 

NINA made the decision that she would be the one to sneak into the station. "Why?" Jonathan questioned when the car stopped in front of the station.

"Trust me," was all she said before jumping out of the car and making her way into the station.

The station was a ghost town with only one deputy inside the station who had the radio playing loudly. Not stopping, Nina made her way towards Hopper's office where the items the teens had purchased was. Nina grabbed the box and on her way out of the office, she noticed a fire extinguisher which she also grabbed; moving the box to hold it in one arm and holding the extinguisher in the other. When she reached Jonathan's car, she knocked on the door which made both teens in the car jump. They were shocked at how quickly Nina had returned. Jonathan got out of the car and opened the boot for Nina to drop the box and extinguisher into. After they jumped back into the car, Jonathan drove like a madman to the Byers'. Once inside the house, they began stepping up their trap. Whilst Jonathan and Nancy screwed in the blubs from the Christmas lights back in, Nina used nails to hold the bear trap down. She tested the nail's hold by tugging on the chain a few times, making sure not to use all of her strength as if she did, she would have to start over again. With Jonathan's help, they placed their weight on the levers as Nina opened the jaws before attaching the hook to prevent it from snapping open unless something stepped on the mechanism. As Nancy reloaded the gun and Jonathan hammer nails into a baseball bat, Nina uses the can of gasoline to make a trail from the bear trap to Will's bedroom where they would lead the monster to.

Once everything was set up, Nina found three knives in the kitchen and the teens gathered around in a circle and began reciting the plan to each other. "Remember..."

"Straight into Will's room. And..."

"Don't step on the track."

"Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then." Jonathan flicked the lighter on.

"All right. You ready?" Nina asked; her knife resting against her palm.

"Ready," Nancy and Jonathan spoke in unison.

"On three," Jonathan said as he and Nancy copied Nina.

"One...two...You don't have to do this," Jonathan said to Nancy after noticing her face flinching and her hands slightly shaking.

"Jonathan, stop talking."

"I'm just saying, you don't have to..."

"Three," Nina's voice echoed over theirs; her knife slicing through her palm as the other two followed.

Nina squeezed her hand tightly; drops of her blood dripped down onto the floor. She could already feel her wound stitching back together and it wasn't long until no more blood dripping down onto the floor. Her fingers uncurled to reveal no wound on her palm. Nancy grabbed her hand and stared down at it with wide eyes. "I heal fast," was all Nina said before placing herself on one of the couches as Nancy and Jonathan sat on the other one. Nancy had bandaged her hand and as she was bandaging Jonathan's, a faint creaking echoed through the silent house. "Did you hear that?" Nancy asked; looking around for the source of the creaking.