"All right, so good chance Sofia was a drug mule." Hank muttered.

"The man in the video, see if any other cameras picked him up." Ana ordered in a strangely monotone voice. "And our victim, figure out how she got here."

"Yeah, check ports of entry. See if she's got family here in Chicago." Hank instructed. "Let's go."

He pressed a kiss to the brunette's temple and gave her arms one last comforting squeeze before heading into his Office. The short woman's gaze lingered on the screen a few seconds longer and she shook her head, sadly, taking a seat at her desk.

*A Little While Later*

"OCD transpo ran our victim through inbound flights. She arrived at O'Hare three weeks ago, direct from Guatemala city. One-way ticket paid for in cash." Adam reported from the whiteboard. "Now, the video footage shows this guy finding Sofia at baggage claim. He walks her out, he even takes her suitcase for her."

"Surely just being a gentleman." Kim muttered as she made her way over to her desk.

"Right, so the gentleman takes her to this car. Uh, plates come back to an Alex Alonzo: 22 years old. He's got a different build from the guy in this video, but he's documented Los Milagros for a fact." Kevin explained from where he was standing by his desk.

"Scoop him up." Hank ordered.

"Quietly." Ana added as they headed towards their respective areas.

*Still in the Bullpen*

They have the driver in custody and Hank was able to persuade him into telling them where he took Sofia. What the Team found there. . .was nothing short of horrific.

". . .Bars on each and every one of the windows. Handcuffs on each and every one of the beds." Adam listed, gesturing to photos on the whiteboard as he spoke.

"These women lived there or were kept there." Kevin added from his perch on a corner of the other male Officer's desk.

"Then this was never about narcotics. Sofia Perez, she was running from this- this baby farm." Ana realized, staring at the pictures with a look of disgust on her face.

Hank just placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a small, comforting squeeze.

"Then after they kill her, they abandoned the place." Hailey muttered.

"Yeah, 'cause they knew there'd be heat." The brunette retorted.

"So, who the Hell are they? Where did they go? And where are the other women?" Hank demanded.

Kim appeared at the top of the stairs before anyone could reply.

"Guys, forensics ran the dried blood that we found on a towel, got a hit on CODIS. Karla de Leon, 21, Guatemalan national." The female Officer reported, walking over and handing the older man a file.

He glanced at the picture of the woman for a few seconds before handing off to his wife.

"And she was in there?" Ana asked in confirmation.

"And she had a baby in there." Kim nodded. "Forensics found traces of amniotic fluid, too." 

"If Ana's right about this, if these sons of bitches are selling babies, once these mothers give birth, they got no value to these people anymore." Hank pointed out. "I mean, if she's still alive, chances are they just turned her out on the street, right? So boots on the ground. Karla de Leon, let's find her." 

"Copy that." Kevin replied.

The older man turned towards his Office but suddenly paused when he gazed down. His wife's left hand was curled into a tight fist in her lap. Her right one was shaking and she was staring, blankly, at the file in front of her.

Reunite Herजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें