Chapter 157: God of Madness (4)

...

It had been a month since Jaehwan arrived at the Forest of Madness. He spent most of his time inside the hot springs within the forest.

Through the steam of the springs, Jaehwan saw the shadow of the leader. It had been a month, but he still couldn’t find a way to get closer to him. He was now even suspicious if this leader actually existed.

“…You’re always here these days.”

Like today, Runald often visited Jaehwan However, he wasn’t here to look for Jaehwan as he was only here to run away from the ‘ladies’. Runald was very popular with them.

“They always want to scrub my body.”

Those ‘ladies’ always scrubbed Runald’s body. Jaehwan commented, “I’m sure it’s a good thing for you.”

“…That’s nonsense.”

“You never know. Their scrubbing might have some secret trick.”

“That’s as stupid as the [Setting] that makes you become more powerful as you get naked.”

“Yeah, right?” Runald sighed.

“Karavan says something similar nowadays. What was it? The philosophy of scrubbing or something.”

“Karavan said that?”

He then realized it had been a while since he had seen the man. Karavan used to visit Jaehwan often to rant when they first came to the forest.

‘I must recover my link with Ignis, and kill those sons of b*tches.’

Or-

‘I will hang those bastards who I scrubbed the Hell Flame.’

He then returned hopelessly. However, it had been 2 weeks since the last time he visited. Jaehwan just thought Karavan had given up… but sharing the ‘Philosophy of Scrubbing’? It was very interesting.

“What’s he doing these days?”

“Same as always. Scrubbing people. I think he’s come to like it now.”

“…He likes it?”

“He says, ‘Scrubbing is a serious business, kid. You’re too young to understand.'”

Runald imitated Karavan and shrugged.

“I wasn’t sure where he was going with it. He said scrubbing is ‘good’ and that we always have to scrub… so that we’ll find the true meaning of life. And in the end, you will find the true understanding of the world through scrubbing… Something like that.”

If it was months ago, Jaehwan would have burst into laughter. However, he was different now.

“I see. Clothes or scrubbing… I think it doesn’t matter what you call it.”

“What?”

“I guess Karavan is on the right path after all.”

“…Are you serious?”

Runald frowned as he took a few steps back. It seemed like he was growing suspicious of Jaehwan.

“I think he’s understanding the Unclothing.”

“Unclothing?”

“These people call it Metamorphosis. I just call it the Unclothing.”

Unclothing. The way of taking off the ‘clothes’ that covered the layers of spirit. It was the daily routine of all the warriors here had and their secret to becoming powerful.