Chapter 38: Doctor of Despair (5)

...

‘Steel Region’

The 5th region of the 12 regions of the Great Lands was completely covered in steel. As such, the region was abundant in steel as well as other metals and ores. Many blacksmiths and artisans worked in the region. The 5th region’s nickname was the ‘Home of All Weapons’.

Since a lot of Nightmares resided within the region, its production of cultivation towers or weapons increased and the region became one of the most important regions in the Great Lands.

Recently, the ruler of the 5th region wasn’t too happy. An old man with distinct features frowned.

“What did you say?”

“…”

“The Lord of Darkness did what?”

The Chief Secretary shivered in front of the old man. He was the ruler of the 5th region and had the nickname, ‘Unbreakable Steel’. His name was renowned in the Great Lands. In just 80 years after he had come up to the Great Lands, he became the Lord of the 5th region and was ranked on top of the Great Ones.

Lord of Steel, Huhyou.

He looked down at his Chief Secretary and frowned.

‘What was his name… Allen?’

He had been chosen to take the position since he was born in a good family with a good upbringing, but it didn’t satisfy Huhyou. Allen was in charge of intelligence within the organization but all the information he brought was outdated information.

If Huhyou fired the Chief Secretary again, it would be the 24th time during this quarter. Huhyou changed his tone and asked again, “Relax and tell me. So, what is the Lord of Darkness up to?”

Jerome, the Lord of Darkness, was the ruler of the 9th region, which bordered the 5th region. Huhyou had qualms with Jerome because of Jerome’s sly and vicious nature.

‘Maybe it’s about time for me to settle the score with him.’

The 9th region had been up to no good in recent years. The region welcomed all fugitive Adapters and for the first time, contracted middle to low-level cultivators to increase the production of Products. They were obviously increasing their army force. This was the only possible reason. They were preparing for war.

Under the current circumstances, it was apparent that their target would be the neighboring 5th and 7th regions. Allen shivered and said, “I-it seems that the Lord of Darkness is contacting <Chaos> for some reason.”

“<Chaos>? What about that place?”

Huhyou was surprised. Under the 295th Great Lords Decree, all Lords of the Great Lands were forbidden from meddling with <Chaos>.

“Well… it’s complicated.”

Allen seemed to have prepared something as he called out to <Little Brother> and showed up a hologram panel. Huhyou looked at it closely.

“What about it?”

He knew about the video. It had the Non-Adapter who killed the Frost Dragon alone. The famous [99th Floor Solo-Clear Video] with a man who stabbed the Frost Dragon.

He remembered a former secretary who insisted on scouting him. Purchasing Products or recruiting Adapters were the secretary’s job so he did not really care.

‘Wasn’t it proven to be fake?’

The video that topped the rankings on <Little Brother>’s network had become a problem as the Cultivator had disappeared. Even now, some were debating if the video was fake or not.