The Chapters I write after hours

Start from the beginning

Dear roses,

You still showed me each and every thorn even if at times I never got to understand the main reason why but eventually love had taught me what it was like to feel a real connection with someone I didn't just admire from afar and not be able to get two words out to them let alone go on a walk with them and that became the first time I ever let someone walk me home it was almost like a dream that I kept replaying in my head like a movie scene where there seemed to be no script and you just had to act without any words being written it all felt real maybe even like a reality show where we became the two people on the bachelorette who fell in love with an instant spark but I guess once we both had reached the end it was time to be given the final rose from you or be sent home but it didn't feel like the same because it all came to no one getting the final rose but just the memory of the time you had with all of the roses and finding one out of the dozen that actually held your heart instead of just giving you a stem with thorns and actually blooming it into something more and that was love and petals of the roses that bloomed into the romance of me and you even though at times I never got to admit it to you but at least in my dreams I could tell the full story.

Dear dreams,

I loved all of the love you could have given and you gave me a chance to not only fall in love with him more deeply but you also showed that love is not done with completely and that love still takes time to come and if you find yourself the one it will always be with you no matter what and that all stated with my real love experience with the first guy I never thought at first I could ever love until you came around and gave my life of love more purpose than it just being words that came about inside of a story but to me you still held every part of him with me.

Dear midnight,

You played the songs

You warmed my heart

You looked into my eyes

You gave me the petals of where

The love of the roses lie

And then you continue to send me

Into dreams with him who had always made me happy even when I did cry he still always knew how to say sorry for when I cried and sometimes when he knew that I would cry because I felt something for him and I knew that I couldn't lie to him or myself anymore except to just give in and admit the truth but even then I struggled with what the truth was because I was still being pulled in all sorts of different directions where it seemed one way and then it was the other but it all still circled back to falling for him even when he didn't know that the feeling between us was becoming more mutual everyday of the week and I was happy to know that you not being there sometimes still meant that you loved to see me and I have known that from the first moment you always hugged me and even when you finally told me.

The magic touch of your hugs

You always gave me

Stuck in my heart

Full of love

And still became the one

I always wanted to remember forever.

A poets heart

A poet's heart

Never seemed to forget

The words or stained the secrets

That played like a song and

Still was written like a paper

Of lyrics with notes that could sing

Melodies of a higher breeze

But butterflies always seemed

To grow their wings and then

They're free from everything

As soon as they fly as soon as leave

It was like life had much more in store for them than any of us could have ever believed.

You gave me roses

You gave me roses

But I wanted your love

You gave me roses

But I wanted flowers

You gave me roses

But I wanted to be with you

You gave me roses

But I wanted to love you

You gave me roses

But I wanted to be more than friends

You gave me roses

But I wanted to bloom like flower and fly just like a butterfly with wings

You gave me roses

But all I wanted were petals

You gave me roses

But all I wanted was to love you just like the moon in my dreams that captured the night as more than a dream and as more than a love between you and me but to be able to be as more than a forever

You gave me roses

But all I wanted was to see you more

Than in just a photograph.

From storm to rainbow

Until the sun came the next morning it all seemed to still be raining not a cloud in the sky not a sparkle that came from your eyes except when you looked at me as if it was your first time meeting me and even then I knew you had felt something for me that was why I had to say I was sorry to you for everything and I like to still think it was from the storm that became a rainbow.

As the dream faded, she chased it, forlorn

From the sun that rained and from that day she knew her secret would still have been locked inside of that cave and the rain would fall just like ice leaving the ocean cold at night until she kissed before she could leave him and how much she loved him more than words could spell out for her and that was the truth even when her stories became the lines that wrote the words and as the dreams faded, she began to still chase it, and forlorn the ending of the storybook.