Prologue

Lydia screamed at the top of her lungs, using the force of her voice against the slimy creature in front of her. The railing on the balcony was pressed deeply against her spine as she coiled away from the monster, the squeak of metal a constant warning of how unstable the screws were.

"Screaming isn't going to get you anywhere, Lydia." The creature leered, taking another step towards her, "Clearly your powers don't work on me."

She furrowed her eyebrows, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "I don't think that's the case. Maybe I was just going easy on you." The creatures nose was just centimetres away from hers; she could smell the disgusting breath of dead animals and blood. It continued to lean against her body, the railings squealing under their combined weight. A wave of panic washed over her, but despite this, she sneered at the thing. "Get off of me." She seethed, snatching the slimy hand off her waist, and moving away from the edge of the balcony.

The creature chuckled maniacally, "So, you do have a backbone." it slinked backwards, "I always assumed you were weak. Always crying out for help, screaming and waiting for this poor excuse of a human to come and save you." It nodded towards the direction of a teenage boy in a red and blue suit, nearly passed out from pain. The creature turned to face her once again, "You don't even know who he is. You're a smart girl, are you not?"

Lydia looked over to the crumpled boy, who had claw marks down his chest. She felt her heart contract, a moment of weakness the monster in front of her did not seem to miss.

"So, you do know who he is!" It exclaimed, walking over to where the boy was, grabbing his cheeks with two clawed fingers, turning his head to face it. "He must be important to you, with a look like that on your face." The creature cackled, "Now would be the perfect time to reveal who he is."

As a clawed finger hooked under the boys mask - the creature clearly invested in the identity of the injured boy - Lydia took the opportunity to grab a nearby metal pole, and shove it through the back of the creature.

The creature shrieked, stumbling away from the boy. "You stupid bitch!" it growled, pulling the pole out of its back and throwing it to the side, charging towards the redheaded girl, grabbing her by the waist.

But she was quick to react; she twisted the creatures arm, while using her scream to kick him into the wall. The creatures body cracked against the wall, sliding down and passing out from impact. "I guess my powers do work." She breathed for a second, before running over to kneel beside the injured boy, one hand on the side of his face, "Oh, Stiles..." she sighed, her eyes filled with pain.

The boy in blue and red looked over at her, wincing from the pain, "I'm so glad you're safe." He croaked, pulling himself upright, letting out a gasp. The boy's eyes widened, before he yelled, "Look out!" Grabbing Lydia by the hips and moving them both out of the way of the bloodied pole that was thrown at them by the creature.

"Didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily did you?" The creature growled, it's tail whipping behind it.

Lydia stood up, her legs and arms in a power stance, fists in front of her face, "The audacity of this bitch." She ran towards it, hooking her right leg under the creatures, tripping it up and pinning it down by the arms. She punched it in the face, a loud smack echoing across the balcony. She felt it's slimy tail wrap itself around her waist, throwing her across the room and into the glass door that led to her apartment.

Winded, she gasped and coughed for air, trying to catch her breath. She watched as Stiles stood up, grimacing as he did so, but nevertheless, ready for a fight. The creature just laughed at him, readying it's hand in a fist, landing a hard blow to Stile's face. Lydia closed her eyes, finding it unbearable to watch the love of her life be brutally beaten while she lay there, unable to do anything.

Stiles was strong though, utilising his powers and senses, to render the beast pretty powerless. Stiles was on the monsters shoulders, it's legs and arms tied. But not for long; the creature ripped through Stiles' webs as though it were cling wrap, throwing its arms behind itself to grab Stiles from his shoulders.

Lydia forced herself up from the ground, grabbing a nearby chair and smacking the creature over the head with it. She watched in horror as the chair only shattered, and barely any damage was done to the chimera. It turned slowly, it's glowing yellow eyes filled with fury.

She breathed deep, her arms by her sides, ready to focus her scream onto the chimera. But the chimera was quicker than her, using its tail to tighten around Lydia's throat, so much so that she began to feel herself sleeping into unconsciousness. Before long she was dropped abruptly on the floor, once again, watching Stiles fight for the both of them. He was doing well; so well, Lydia almost thought this was finally going to be over, until Stiles lay next to her, thrown from the beasts claws like a rag doll.

She felt the tail wrap around her waist once again, the monster bringing her up to eye level as she squirmed. "Clearly, you two love each other very dearly." It remarked, looking between Lydia and Stiles. "You see, I only really have issues with Spidey over here, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time," it looked over to Lydia, a shiver travelling down her spine, "But what a perfect way to get to Spider-Man? To kill his one true love? Absolutely devastating." The creature smirked.

Lydia felt her heart beating against her ribcage. She made eye contact with Stiles, tears welling in her eyes. "I love you, so much." She smiled, tears rolling down her face. "Don't you ever forget it, Spider-Man." She threatened. "I love you now, and I'll love you forever."

The creature snarled, "Goodbye, Lydia." And with that Lydia was thrown across the balcony, her body smashing through the railings and falling off the edge.

"Lydia!" Stiles screamed, running over to the edge, only to get pulled back by the creature. "NO!" He screamed, his heart almost stopping from the pain he felt.

Lydia was going to die.

And he could do nothing to save her.

•••••••••••••••••

i honestly don't know how to write this