Shen Miao glared at him.

"See, one cannot think of anything. Xie Jing Xing raised his brows and sighed, "Then just make two baskets of pastries for this Prince first. During the journey of assassinating, one fear one will be hungry.

Shen Miao, "..."

Only after Xie Jing Xing left, then Shen Miao sat on the bed but this time there was no sleepiness at all. She did not know what kind of methods Xie Jing Xing would use to 'assassinate' Princess Ming An, but her heart felt surprisingly reassured. One thought that since Xie Jing Xing had eyes and hands everywhere that even when changing to a hidden identity, he would dare to outright swagger under the eyelids of Emperor Wen Hui, from how casual he said to just take a Princess's life, it was something that was as easy as reaching out to take.

But... Today Xie Jing Xing was really in a bad mood. Shen Miao took the cup from the side and started thinking. The atmosphere became somewhat moody.

*****

After a few days of sun in the Ming Qi's Ding capital, it started to snow again. The noble Furens and Young Ladies were all delicate, and were not willing to go out as the roads were slippery on snowy days. Even those who went out would strictly cover up and would bring along a few hand warmers, to refrain from catching a cold. The water in the Wan Li Lake was all frozen. Even if there were people who came to fish, they would need to drill a hole into the lake before fishing. But on the next day, it would definitely be filled with ice again and would be very stable when one walk over it.

This was also true for the residence of Prince Rui.

Early in the morning Ji Yu Shu slipped and fell at the doors, and complained loudly that the ice in the courtyards was dirty. Ever since Xie Jing Xing bought these large plots of lands in the Yan Qing Lane, other than the times when Ji Yu Shu go to Feng Xian Pawnshop so that Hong Ling could show him the accounting books, most of the time he would be in the residence of Prince Rui, playing with the big cat.

Upon seeing Xie Jing Xing walking over from afar, Ji Yu Shu called out, "Third Older Brother!"

Xie Jing Xing could not be bothered about him. The white tiger broke free from Ji Yu Shu's grip and quickly ran towards Xie Jing Xing's side. Gao Yang came out from the other side as he did not return to the Palace yesterday, and stayed in the residence of Prince Rui.

"You went to the Shen mansion to treat that Young Lady Luo again?" Ji Yu Shu asked.

Speaking of that matter, Gao Yang felt his head hurting. He had treated so many people, be it the Ladyships in the Palace or the Emperor, or even the Furens and Young Ladies of high ranking officials, it was the first time he had seen a patient like Luo Tan. It was evident that she was so weak a few days back, that she almost died and just barely got back her life, but now that she got a little better she started practicing martial arts in the Shen mansion's courtyard. She said that during the matter of Shen Miao's she had a realisation, that only by practicing martial arts could one protect the people by one's side.

But she did not look at what kind of condition she was in.

How could her wounds heal quicker with her self-torment? Once the wound heal slower, Luo Tan would give a skeptical look to Gao Yang, "Are you really a doctor from the Palace? Why is it that you are not even comparable to the apprentice in the Xiao Chun City's medical hall? When one knock one's head, the next day one can still go up the mountain to cut firewood."

To actually compare a medical hall's apprentice with him, an Imperial Physician and moreover, Luo Tan was not a patient that fell down and it was an injury that one could almost lose one's life! Gao Yang had never encounter such an uncooperative patient in his life, and who also was not at all respectful to him. If he had not used the matter of Luo Tan sneaking out to look for Prince Rui as leverage, Luo Tan would have gone up to his head and pee there.