Chapter 59: Last Hope (8)

Start from the beginning

“Of course, I…”

Euren knew this, of course. There was money where people gathered. Gorgon was overcrowded with people and it surely brought good money to Gorgon itself.

“I’ll give you an example. The tournament that you so hate, do you know where that is being held?”

“I am not sure.” Euren replied honestly.

Claire then answered, “It’s in the northern streets, in the outer fortress.”

The northern streets of the outer fortress. It was where the destruction with Golden Sky Clan had occurred, leaving hundreds of citizens homeless.

“Wait, there?”

Claire nodded. “All those homeless citizens are now working as staff for the tournament.”

Euren was surprised. He knew the tournament was being held, but never imagined it was being put to use in such a way.

“You must know how much we lost because of the Golden Sky attack.”

“I believe it’s about thirteen billion Horuns…”

“Yes. To be precise, it’s twelve billion, eight hundred, and seventy-eight million horuns.”

Euren looked at Claire in shock. Since when did she look into such things? But she wasn’t finished.

“Then, let me ask you this. Do you know how much we have earned during these two days that the tournament has been running?”

“I… believe we are still counting that.”

“A total of thirteen billion, two hundred, and eighty million horuns. That’s the net profit for the past two days, and it will only keep growing.”

Euren was dumbfounded. If that was true, Gorgon had already come out on top of its loss.

‘But how did she know all those numbers?’

Claire scoffed at Euren’s expression.

“You look surprised? I’ve managed a saloon for all of my life, AND my afterlife. Counting money is like breathing to me.”

Claire took out a cigarette and lit it.

“I am not sure what the Master is up to, but one thing is for sure.”

Claire glanced at Jahir and Karlton, then turned to Euren.

“<Chaos> WILL change.”

Euren felt something in him was shake. Claire had something stirring within her eyes. An emotion that all who lived in <Chaos> had lost. Karlton and Jahir also had the same emotion in their eyes too. Euren knew the name of this emotion.

‘Master… what are you trying to give to these people?’

It was something that had not happened over hundreds of years. Euren became worried. No, he was wary of the one individual that was bringing about all these changes. Yet Euren did not know that he too, was changing.

After three days of harsh schedules, the tournament was now down to 16 people. People who came late to Gorgon Fortress were able to participate in the additional matches to join in as wildcards.

“Last 16 in three days? It’s too fast.”

Mukeuk, the leader of Arms Extreme, was amused. His elite clan members stood behind him. Most were either 4th or 5th stage Adapters, powerful enough to wipe out weaker clans. Mukeuk, who only looked to be in his mid-40s or 50s, was actually over a thousand years old.