7 - Secretly Poison

Start from the beginning

I then smack my lips and look at him, "Didn't I tell you-"

"We're almost there!" He cuts me off. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Seeping into my heart that asshole.

"We did it!" He cheers as I catch my breath.

I let out a few coughs and clear my throat. Damn, I'm usually good whenever I take my time. I don't usually cough.

I take out my water bottle from my satchel and take a few swigs at it.

"Are you... okay?" Jungwon furrows his eyebrows.

I frown, "How many times do I have to tell you to get lost? Pft!"

I walk past him going to my apartment. When I punch in the code, I hear his phone go off.

"Oh! Dabinnie!" He answers happily, punching in his code also. Once he answered his phone, I became invisible.

Dabin.. Bae Dabin.. that new girl from school. She has his number?

"Oh nothing, I just got home," he says casually as he opens his door. "What are you doing..."

A conversation one would have with a close friend or even romantic partner. No big deal.

His voice fades when the door to his apartment closes, and I stand there a frozen.

That Dabin girl did seem different. Just by her aura alone...

Whatever... I don't care!

Sunday - Motorcycle Races

When I ride into the races, I immediately notice the winner from 2 weeks ago. Out of the rest of the male bikers, he's the slimmest and by far the cleanest. One can tell by the way they take care of their bike.

His being shiny and blue as if he just had it waxed a minute ago. 

"Ugh, she's here again," one of the bikers groan when I approach them.

"I'm never going to leave," I say making them all let out of a collective groan, all except Mr. Winner. That's what I'm going to call him since I don't know his name (even though I want to know, I shouldn't ask).

"Bikers! Get ready!" The hosts announce.

"Be careful," Mr. Winner says before slowly riding to the start line.

I suck in some air, tilting my head. His voice sounds so familiar...

When the race begins, Mr. Winner drives right past me. I don't pay too much attention to it since 2nd place does get a pretty decent amount of money also, but that's when another biker drives next to me, purposely getting close.

He cuts me off making me fall off my bike once again. 

And once again, the rest of the bikers drive past me leaving the last place title to me.

Amazing.

I get up and storm my way towards that old bastard.

"You!-" I point my finger at him, but that's when Mr. Winner pushes him.

Oh?

"Don't you think you should be more careful?" Mr. Winner questions him.

"Eh?" Old bastard looks at him confused. "Ya... there's no rules! You did the exact same thing to her!"

"I've learned that I shouldn't," Mr. Winner tells him. He looks at me, "Are you alright?"

Taken back, I don't know what to say. What's up with his tone of voice and the way he's defending me?